Dear Mr. President....

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Dear Mr. President....

Post by Sir reel »

Here's is the text from a radio show comentary. It's perhaps slanted a good bit and while I'm not in complete agreement with all that is said...it sure hits home on a lot of points.

MR. PRESIDENT, I'M HEADED TO MEXICO

David M. Bresnahan
April 1, 2006
NewsWithViews.com

Dear President Bush:

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can help with this.

I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here.

So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican

flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone,

please be sure that all police officers speak English.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on

July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don't enforce any labor laws or tax laws.
13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about me, or

about the strain I might place on the economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that Pres.
Fox
won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail hunting with your V.P.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely,

David M. Bresnahan

) 2006 David M. Bresnahan - All Rights Reserved

David M. Bresnahan has over 30 years of experience as an award-winning journalist, broadcaster, radio station owner, talk show host, and business owner. David has been a prominent writer for many Internet newspapers
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

Boy...don't get me started. :evil: Hell in handbasket...thats wher this country's headed.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

catchin1 wrote:Boy...don't get me started. :evil: Hell in handbasket...thats wher this country's headed.

AMEN

Hooked :smt011
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisherman989 »

I just wish this country would adopt Mexico's immigration policies. Our problem would be solved. :-?
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Maybe we can reverse the trend of OUTSOURCING with
INSOURCING!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

since I'm not entirely capable of staying out of this topic...and because I can't fish today:

Gotta hand it to the GOP for finding something else for us to talk about.
Don't matter though, I don't want bigger government so I'm sure I'll vote R across the ticket, again. :thumbup:
mattfsu7
Site Sponsor

Post by mattfsu7 »

Reel, I agree with your points, however, is it possible that our country does all those things for immigrants because there are huge corporations that make huge profits off of their work? The citrus industry comes to mind. For me personally, if a single orange were to sell for $5 I would be ok with it, but I think that is the arguement for allowing wide open immigration in this country. What I want is for the companies that profit from their work to pay for things such as health care, housing and education for example. Then immigrant labor won't be such a good deal and then American workers can take those jobs and get paid a fair wage for doing them. As I see it, I pay taxes to pay for immigrant services, that should be paid by the companies that profit from this labor. I would rather be given the "choice" to buy a $5 orange, or not. When I have to pay taxes for these services, I get no choice.
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

Matt you make a good point refering to the citrus industry. Industry lobbyist and large corporations influnence U.S policy on everything. These whores will sacrifice all our tax base, freedoms, american way of life in general for the sake of larger profits. The corupt politicians in Washington are in bed with them and the average citizen has to deal with the everyday reality of their actions. Loss of jobs, higher taxes, inflation for example. This immigration issue is just one of many facing this country.
If you don't know it already China is a huge issue. If policy toward them doesn't change , in 20 years they'll be so much Chinese influence in our country that some of our older generation want recognize that America. And I'll hush with that.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Lets see...counting the emails I've received and now this, I guess I've seen this about 652 times in the last 10 days. :o
Tennessee

Post by Tennessee »

I have mixed feelings about the immigration issue. I owned a large farm here in Tennessee and I leased land to a tomato farmer who used Mexican labors, they made $6 an hour, until they started picking, then some made over $100 a day. I have never in my life seen people work so hard. They were also the most humble, and nicest people you would ever meet. As a school teacher I have had the opportunity to teach and coach some of the hispanic kids. None of the Mexicans I know, have never asked anybody for anything. I say lets keep the Mexicans, and deport all the folks living off welfare, drugs, and crime, and who are making no attempt to better themselves. Those are the folks that are hurting this nation, not the people that are coming over here and working trying to better themselves and their families. My students talk about Mexicans coming over and taking their jobs and I tell them it is a sad day when this government has spent so much money providing free education, all the way through college in some cases, and people are worried about someone who comes to this county that can not speak english, nor understands our customs, or with no education taking their job. They ask why should we have to speak spanish and I tell them they don't. Just let me be the only salesman at my company, dealership, or store that does speak spanish and I stand to make 22% more than anyone else. I guess my point is that, you better stay in school, and learning spanish can be more of an asset to you than the Mexicans.
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

Tennessee wrote: Just let me be the only salesman at my company, dealership, or store that does speak spanish and I stand to make 22% more than anyone else.
You just made my point.
Tennessee

Post by Tennessee »

Rep, just add the degree.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

And it's just my luck I work for an office funded by ORR (The Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)...

It is so true it is incredible..... :roll:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.