A twist on snapper, red, grouper

Post your favorite recipes here.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cgengo

A twist on snapper, red, grouper

Post by cgengo »

This is a weird sounding, but easy and great tasting recipe for lots of filets. I find it best on a firm fleshed fish with large filets like snapper, red, grouper, and probably triggerfish. I don't think it works that well for trout, bass, or shark but feel free to try for yourself.

I call it "Fish with Catalina and Cheez-Its" - real original, I know...

1. Marinate the filets in Catalina dressing for 15 - 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Crush up enough cheese crackers to cover the fish (I prefer Cheez-Its), just smashing them with the side of your fist until they break into 4-6 pieces each is fine - don't pulverize them.
4. Put the fish with plenty of Catalina still sticking to it into a baking dish. Feel free to pour a little more over top.
5. (Optional) Season with a little black pepper (salt will be provided by the crackers).
6. Cover the filets with the cracker crumbles to coat the top.
7. Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until the fish is done and the crackers are starting to brown slightly.

That's it, give it a try. It's sweet and tangy with a salty, sharp cheezy bite. Works well along side some green beans and a baked potatoe. I have friends that don't like fish, but they've all enjoyed this recipe. It's a family favorite as well.

Enjoy,
Chris
GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

Sounds interesting! :thumbup:
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

:lick: