New Spinning reels

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

creech

New Spinning reels

Post by creech »

I'm looking to purchase a few new spinning reels. What can you guys tell me about the Pflueger reels? If you like them, which model. If not then what reel would you look at if you were buying?
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

I don't have any Pflueger reels so can't help you there. I have a Stradic 2500 and 4000. Love them both; especially, the 2500. I also have a Quantum Energy that I've used for 7-8 years and it's still going strong.
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
devans850
Site Sponsor

Post by devans850 »

The pflueger reels are border line junk. I've got a friend that had three of the president series and all three tore up within a couple of trips. I also spoke with a rep that sells a variety of reels and he told me the pfluegers were junk. If you want a pretty good reel for the money okuma is one option, then you had the penn captiva, and the lower end shimano's. I agree with Eerman. I like the stradics and have never had them fail me. This is only my opinion. :-D
JUST SHUT UP AND FISH!
Castaway

Post by Castaway »

I have one of the lower end shimanos and I love it. I cant remember the name but its a great reel :thumbup:
creech

Post by creech »

Thanks guys for you comments. I am just looking for a few less expensive reels for the boat. I have a couple of the Fin-Nor's and one Boca. I have heard good things about the Okuma, I may check into them more closely.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Shimanno Symetre.
Castaway

Post by Castaway »

Thats the model that I have and its great :thumbup:
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Creech,
I don't remember which right now; but, either BPS or Cabela's has their last year model Quantums on sale. I think that included the Boca, Cabos, and Kinetics. They were anywhere from 20-30 dollars off. Don't know if the sale is still good and I haven't used those particular models; but, they are supposed to be pretty good.
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

Bass Pro saltwater magazine had an add for a Penn reel, not sure of the model, but it came with a VHF radio. :o Not sure if you're suppose to call someone if your reel breaks or what. :smt012