Ever caught anything unusual or rare?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

mjsigns wrote:Image

Caught this tiny grouper inshore while chasing sheepies...
Why did you have it mounted? :oops:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Breambuster wrote:I've caught hell from the wife for getting home later than I told her......does that count? :-D
Catching hell ain't nothing "rare or unusual" around my house. I've gotten to the point that sometimes I think she thinks my name is SOB :smt011
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Supa Fly

Post by Supa Fly »

Snagged a rattlesnake floating about a mile offshore of the lighthouse at St Marks. Towed him to shore and cut the line.

Caught a triggerfish that was hanging out around one of the markers in St Joe Bay on a flyrod. Never heard of anybody catching a trigger on fly before. Maybe it was a record?
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I've hooked a pelican, and seagull. The seagull was easy to get off the line. The pelican was not. I foul hooked a 60 lb Beaver at my daddy's pond and caught this lovely creature recently.
weaver brown

Ever caught anything unusual

Post by weaver brown »

Caught myself a few times.

That's why I break the barbs off my hooks.

Also a miro-lure in a landing net.
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

I hooked a striper, when I got it in the net took out my hook and found another took it out and pulled up a rod and reel the fish was dragging around.

Fished the same hole a few days later and caught a cast net some one had lost. At 1st I thought I had a 120 lb blue cat.

I caught a 5' long great northern pike on a lab rat in the moonlight.

A huge bull frog on a plastic worm bass fishing.

A dozen 8" grouper in sjb on a spoon while redfishing.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
LuckySOB
Site Sponsor

Strange

Post by LuckySOB »

Went tonight to a friends pond that is getting really low due to irrigation and drought. I was throwing a Pop R looking for some late afternoon topwater action and got it. Out of the woods came a medium sized Racoon after the sound of the plug. When he saw the ripple in the water, he plunged in after it and went to town. After a 3-4 minute fight the line was broken. :roll: :roll:
No matter what, it's a good day.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Catchin' coons on a bass plug, I've heard it all now. :smt005
GULP! free since 1970.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Re: Strange

Post by Ron Wilson »

LuckySOB wrote:Went tonight to a friends pond that is getting really low due to irrigation and drought. I was throwing a Pop R looking for some late afternoon topwater action and got it. Out of the woods came a medium sized Racoon after the sound of the plug. When he saw the ripple in the water, he plunged in after it and went to town. After a 3-4 minute fight the line was broken. :roll: :roll:
Now that's funny right there. :smt005
"Plan for the worst."
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

You a lucky devil, catch and release would have been pretty tough on that one.

If you did clean it trust me it don't taste like fried chicken.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Re: Strange

Post by Ron Wilson »

LuckySOB wrote:Went tonight to a friends pond that is getting really low due to irrigation and drought. I was throwing a Pop R looking for some late afternoon topwater action and got it. Out of the woods came a medium sized Racoon after the sound of the plug. When he saw the ripple in the water, he plunged in after it and went to town. After a 3-4 minute fight the line was broken. :roll: :roll:
Now that's funny right there. :smt005
"Plan for the worst."