Blowing off some steam...

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

beatswork

Blowing off some steam...

Post by beatswork »

I know this news was released a couple of days ago, but man it still leaves be scratching my head. Y'all that follow FSU football know we've had our share of problems on offense especially since Richt got hired up there to coach them Dawgs. This year I thought they'd really give either Weatherford or Lee a good chance to prove what they can do. DW has protected the ball but not moved it. Lee came off the bench against Alabama and it was the first time I was actually excited watching our offense since we beat VT for the national championship. Lee starts at Wake Forest, last year's ACC Champions, beat us last year 30-0 at the Doak, and it's his first start. Yes, we got beat, and he made a couple bone head :hammer: plays, but at least I saw the ball going downfield. His second start is against Miami. I don't care how bad their team is, they are going to play us tough. Yep, we lost, but man was it a fun game to watch. At least until the last drive. Wish we could have done better in the red zone. We have a weak o-line and we're going to put DW in with no mobility? Just last week Jimbo was on TV saying that he sees Lee progressing and we need to be patient. I am willing to give him the time. Why isn't the coaching staff giving him the same shot DW had? Weinke made his share of mistakes. Heck, Farve holds the NFL record for interceptions, wish he was playing for the Dolphins. This Sat. we're playing Duke. Wouldn't that be a great game for Lee to get some confidence? No, we'll just go back to Drew, get the win and decide his our QB. I should've known the circus was in town just by the smell of all the crap their tossing around up there in Tallahassee. I never had any high hopes at the beginning of the season, except that I hoped to see some steady improvement from game to game. With them playing QB shuffle I now know that they have no idea what they are doing. My Saturdays at this point are free. Trout and redfish beware, not that I consistently give them reason to fear, DW may be trying to lob the football gently to the sideline for a pick up of a yard or two, I'll be slinging all manners of lures for a redfish or three. My advise to Lee is to find him a school where he can be coached and utilized, not just used.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

i could not agree with you more......
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

What he said x2 :thumbup: :smt004 :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

It sounds like being a Noles fan this year is similar to be a Dawg fan last year. Too many QBs and not enough Ws :smt011
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
bbb

Post by bbb »

Beats you basically said everything I did on another site when I found out DW was the starter again.

I say let X start and build the lead, then put DW in and manage the game. It would have won us both games the last 2 weeks.

Don't be surprised if you see X inserted at the start of the second quarter and finish the game. DW won't impress them during the 1st quarter and he'll get pulled.
beatswork

Post by beatswork »

I say let X start and build the lead, then put DW in and manage the game. It would have won us both games the last 2 weeks.
I can go along with that. :thumbup:
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

I say scrape the whole season and start sophmores and freshmen the rest of the year :smt013
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
PerryFisherMan
Site Sponsor

Post by PerryFisherMan »

I agree with all. And if I see another "prevent defense" call for the last half of another 4th quarter, I think I'll puke. We need to play ball all four quarters.