Piney Island Reds

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Those kinda days are what keeps ya going back. Good job, FP. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Sweet :thumbup:

What'd you catch'em on?
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Thanks for a great report and pics. It is humbling and inspirational at the same time, for this slacker. So, tell us a little more, if you would: You know, time, tide, depth, bait, that kinda thing. :)

And congratulations!
flounderpounder
Site Sponsor

Post by flounderpounder »

I use DOA Terror eyes in the silver glitter mostly, but this day I broke out pretty much my entire tray of plastics. They hit anything from jerk shads to grubs. I also threw the Capt Mikes spoon with red eye. I was surprised about the variety of lures I threw. They would hit anything.
I was fishing parallel to bars in around a foot of water. The closer you could throw to bar and work the lure the greater the bite. I usually fish for reds this way with topwater lures mostly the midsize Yazuri spook in gold and black.
One more thing a good rising tide will get ya reds, on the bottom end of tide try dragging a jerkbait or terror eyes near some structure for flatties.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Liam
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Thanks!