Been seeing a trend.

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Been seeing a trend.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:o Here lately nobody is putting what depth, the water temp, or what was used to catch them. :o What gives. Is it that there are so many people on here that fish tournaments, that they are afraid their secret bait might get used by someone else? I always put all the info out there(good or bad) to help others catch fish. Isn't that what this forum is all about? :-D
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Been seeing a trend.

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Good point Hit-n-Miss, I havent seen much of that either. I will asy that all the trout we have caught has been in around 4 foot of water on that freaking New Penny GULP! @ a buck a piece I am noot sure how long I can afford it though. We generally spend $100 on gas and $50-$75 on just Gulp. I wish I had bought some Berkley stock years ago!!
Team Jolly Mon
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I aint fished in the salt "except a couple Grouper trips" any this year :oops: been doin the Bass fish thingy :-D :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Flint River Pirate wrote: $50-$75 on just Gulp.
Why use GULP!? Use something else, SWA, Exude and a host of other baits work just as well and are easier on thw wallet.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

6' of water poppin cork, 2-2.5 foot leader and a gulp... other than the wallet this has been working for me
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

We used gold spoons, spinner baits and SWA & 1/4 oz jig heads this weekend to catch redfish and trout...water depth, if the boat broke down we could of walked back :-D
flounderpounder
Site Sponsor

Post by flounderpounder »

I also am not a fan of somebody that thinks they have a "Top Secret" lure but I think 99% of folks use the same types of lures for trout. I also feel that big trout hit big baits and small trout hit smaller baits, take your pick . :-D
grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

We have been in about 4.5 feet for trout, blues, spanish, and flounder. Less than 2 foot for reds and trout. The shallow trout have been fewer, but significantly larger
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Hit-n-Miss wrote::secret bait
We used Chart. and Mullet colored Top Dogs and Popa Dogs. No secrets, it's in the report.
It's all about confidence, if you think something it probably will.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Pinocchio

Post by Pinocchio »

Normal! The big bait companies release somethin' in the watta to reprogram fish DNA so's they only bites der bait -- now it's Berkley and Gulp! And errybody knows what the "Bait 'O' Da Year" is, so why quote da obvious? And, 99.99% of fishersmens iz liers,. so ya can't believe 'em if day tole ya nuttin' anyways! Might as well spend all ya time on heah insulting big grown mens on heah, but that'll jus' git ya banned fo' sho' so 'at leaves ya ta do lik' you's doin' -- Only axe philly-sophical quarstions! Dats what I does, lak you! Mosely I jus' would lak to know if days bitein' an' den I can do da res'! :smt101 :smt120 :smt017
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Dangit man, git that boat together and git ta fishin "so's weuns can understood ya :smt004 :smt005 :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Lord of mercy, what part of Texas are you folks from with accents like that? :-? Careful ya'll, Dixie Reb or some of his kind way up north around Moultrie town might figure you fer spies and come hunting you.
As for secret baits and such. don't tell nobody you don't know, but I hear the lord made the best and cheapest lure there is for trout fish, or so my ole grandaddy down at Nut All Rise would say. They call it a P-I-N-F-I-S-H or something like that. ;-) Remember, don't tell all them rich folks up around Tallahassee, they'd find some way to bag em up and put em in Wal-mart and charge $6.00 a sack for them. :o
Semper Fi
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I caught a trout under a CT with a pinfish tail. I have always found that piece of cut bait to be very productive.

New Penny gulip was werking saturday too.

Water depth.......waist deep to knee deep. Water was murky, in front of PI to the DB. Up a creek or two. Water was coldish when we were running and got sprayed. Coors Light was cold. Bananas were firm and cold. Cashews were good and room temp.

Blackened Grouper samich was good at Shipwreck's. Michelob Ultra was better than Coors light. Sight seeing was average on the deck. :-D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
firedriver90

Post by firedriver90 »

the spanish that we caught were on pins and 6 to 8'of water saturday.(dependin on the wave size)trout 3' to 4'with them dang gulps.i wonder how much nutritional value the pins get from them gulps?they shore do love to eat em.water temp i think was 71to 73.the remora were at the 6 to 8 level.not that anyone would want them for more than the fight i understand.have to pay more attention next time to the stats.im still a rookie as a gulf fisher.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

CSMarine wrote:Lord of mercy, what part of Texas are you folks from with accents like that? :-? Careful ya'll, Dixie Reb or some of his kind way up north around Moultrie town might figure you fer spies and come hunting you.
As for secret baits and such. don't tell nobody you don't know, but I hear the lord made the best and cheapest lure there is for trout fish, or so my ole grandaddy down at Nut All Rise would say. They call it a P-I-N-F-I-S-H or something like that. ;-) Remember, don't tell all them rich folks up around Tallahassee, they'd find some way to bag em up and put em in Wal-mart and charge $6.00 a sack for them. :o
:-D I use some of those Pinfish every time I go. :-D