St Marks - last day of grouper fishing

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redfish Jim
Site Sponsor

St Marks - last day of grouper fishing

Post by Redfish Jim »

At least we had a good weather day for last day of grouper fishing. I left the fort after paying my $5.00 launch fee :smt011

Made it out to 35' in record time due to calm conditions. The 2 fish limit on gags was in the boat rather quickly so we made a short day of it. A red grouper followed one of our gags up but we struck out on reds. Mostly trolling a stretch 30 but did drop down a jig in hopes of catching the red grouper. Nothing doing. All fish caught trolling.

A dozen nice sized claws from the traps and we had the makings for a big-time feast last night :lick: .

I guess we'll all be living off memories for the next couple of months. :smt010
wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: St Marks - last day of grouper fishing

Post by wevans »

Not a bad day at all :thumbup: :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

It was a beautiful day indeed, quite alot of boats out also. Just imagine how good the bite is gonna be come the first of April. :thumbup:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Good report RF. Your right about the next couple of months being full of withdrawal pains :D I haven't seen any thing previously regarding the ramp fee at the Fort... Have we reached the end of the no fee at the Fort?
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Good deal..Thanks for the report. :thumbup: :D
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

Sounds like a good day :thumbup: :thumbup:
Grouper King

Post by Grouper King »

Very nice better than my last trip!!
leesburgga

Post by leesburgga »

ramp is well done and a much needed improvement; however, parking has a been a problem two out of the last three times i have been. had to park way up the road even when getting there before 8 am. can't imagine what it might be like come true summer time when all the boat riders are there.