Fishing Report of 12-10-01 Courtesy of Capt. Randy Craft

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Fishing Report of 12-10-01
Apalachicola, St. George Island to St. Marks, Florida -- Offshore

Yes, Sir. The fish are biting and the boat parades are happening.

I love this time of year! All the lights, decorations, friends and family getting together to celebrate a very special time. And the boat parades! Man, did Debo and I get to enjoy a spectacular one on Saturday night in Carrabelle. It was absolutely gorgeous!

On this past Friday the 7th, there was reason to celebrate for Clifford Brock and his crew of fisherfolk. It was Cliffords birthday and he wanted to celebrate it with his friends and family fishing for grouper offshore. It was his and most of the other crews first time offshore. They are all very accomplished inshore fisherfolk, having for years taken redfish, trout, flounder and other specie. Clifford and the guys thought it about time they take on the bruisers in our Gulf and that they did, with gusto.

Mimi Brock, Hollis Brock, Louise Butler along with Deleon and Sammie Kridge rounded out Cliffords crew for our outing in 1 to 2 seas. The day started out a little overcast, cleared during the day and got right foggy as we returned in the afternoon.

Our fishy friends were glad to help in the birthday celebration and were just tickled to death we showed up with all that free food. We got our limit of 30 nice grouper to 18# by the time we pulled anchor for the last time at about 2:00. A nice gaggle of black sea bass and ruby lips rounded out a most respectable catch and the crew were grinning ear to ear.

You see, there are always reasons to celebrate most any day, whether it be December 7th or September 11th, as there is always a bright spot even in a cloudy one. My Dad died 18 years ago on December 25th. What a neat day to go to Heaven.

Take those kids fishing
&
Catch Em Up!

Capt. Randy