Dont eat at SPRING CREEK REST.

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salt Life
Location: I come from where the river meets the sea Live Oak Island

Dont eat at SPRING CREEK REST.

Post by Salt Life »

Had dinner there last night ( not my 1st time there) 1st time ordering fish . Ordered the grouper and it came with BONES PERTRUDING out from TWO sides ! Tried it and it was sooooo gamey it was unpalletable ( my taste buds and gag reflexes were in evacuate mode ) my wife took it from me and set aside . The waitress came up to us and said is every thing alright ? I replied that this fish was unedible and full of bones ( one was still sticking out ) she took it right away and emediatley came back with our bill and said have a good night . Well the fish was not taken off the bill ( $23.00 ) and I was not asked if I would like anything else to eat .......... So we left , at check out I was asked how was everytthing ? I informed the owner that that was the worst fish I had ever had. She said are you joking? I said no. And she proceeded to ring me up and NOT taking that nasty crab bait fish off the ticket . WOW ! This is not BASHING this is my experience. Unbeleivable in this tight economy to loose a $100.00 plus a night customer . There loss is some one elses gain.
BE GOOD AND FISH OFTEN
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Re: Dont eat at SPRING CREEK REST.

Post by Reel Navy »

I'm not familiar with this restaurant but thanks for the heads up. Hopefully this place didn't do what Staff's restaurant did in Fort Walton........ Rest on their laurels and prior reputation.
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....
Salt Life

Post by Salt Life »

I had such great hopes for this place ... cant get over it ........ " if you dont like it GET OUT ! " Like I said ... Last time I was there I dropped over $110 ( thats standard ) And i am a good Tipper Oh well
BE GOOD AND FISH OFTEN
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Its a shame that you had such a bad experience.

We have eaten at Spring Creek Restaurant and were very impressed with the quality of the food and the service.
I got the distinct impression that if everything was not OK, they would be only too pleased to remedy the situation.
I even got Mr Lovel to sign his books on one visit. :-)
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Apparently an autograph and a customer is worth less than $23.00.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Salt Life

Post by Salt Life »

Yeah, I couldnt believe it too. I have never had that happen to me before. I am telling you I had only taken a small bite and got one of the many bones in my mouth and set the plate aside. She asked what was wrong... She took my plate un touched veggy and b. potatoe ( I guess I can run for V.P. too ) and returned with the check. W. T. F .

I normally eat at Harrys ( the best in town) , Bone fish griille, Carrabas and Maccaroni Grille. Hands down HARRY is the best ALWAYS !
Great now I'm hungry
BE GOOD AND FISH OFTEN
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:roll: Just asking......are you sure you did not have a flounder by mistake? Lots of bones in a flounder.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

If I was paying 23 dollars and had gotten flounder instead of what i orderd I would be pissed also.. but Im sure salt life order flounder but just was screwed over with spoiled fises or could have been mekong catfish lol
Salt Life

Post by Salt Life »

No it was a nice thick piece of fish. If you ask me it came from the rib cage of a large / huge grouper about 6 inches long 1 1/2 thick and 2 in wide. I love flounder . This was shit fish prob. from right around the belly . GOD it was soo gammey ........ Nasty and NO seasoning what so ever Boy could I show them a thing or THREE about cook'in fish !
BE GOOD AND FISH OFTEN
service call

Post by service call »

I've eatin at Spring Creek Restaurant for Over 25 years. I disagree with Leo's disagreement about the net ban, but I have never have had a bad meal there. I' ve had some that were better than others, but none that were bad. I've had a lot more at hightly rated restaurants in the same general area that were sometimes bad, and cost a whole lot more. I diagree with Leo on his politics when it comes to fisheries, his food at the restaurant is good.
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Apparently an autograph and a customer is worth less than $23.00.
I don't really understand this comment, but to set the record straight it was technically two autographs, as I had both books with me. :-?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I've been eating at that restaurant for a lot of years and I've never had a bad meal or bad service. I have shot the breeze with Leo over his books and some similarity he and had back in the old days with Mr. Green Jeans.

Why didn't you tell them you wouldn't pay for the fish? I would have. Don't blame you for not going back.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Cranfield wrote:
Jumptrout51 wrote:Apparently an autograph and a customer is worth less than $23.00.
I don't really understand this comment, but to set the record straight it was technically two autographs, as I had both books with me. :-?
Just saying they should have signed off on that meal and given his money back. They should also have offered an optional meal.
Instead they have lost a customer for life.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
bman

Post by bman »

Everyone makes mistakes at times...
Ive had some good meals there in the last 3 months.
The all you can eat fried quail is priced right and the chopped salad is a favorite.

I'd chalk this one up to a mistake... they should have corrected it with a fresh plate or $$.

Cant blame you for not going back.
Chains may offer consistency but they are generaly boring- I'll take local restaurants any day!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Salt Life

Post by Salt Life »

I agree
BE GOOD AND FISH OFTEN