First post-St. Marks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

First post-St. Marks

Post by onefishtwofish »

Been reading this for a while. A buddy of mine told me about it, so I thought I should register instead of just bein a "lurker".
Not totally new to salt water, grew up a mile or so from the coast, but mostly fished freshwater then. Now that I live an hour or so inland, I started back up. Been a wader for a long while in this area, but got a boat last year. Lots of trips and have learned a lot, still a lot to learn.

Went out of St. Marks today as I had been hearing from some folks that some reds were around. We poled and peeked and only saw a very few fish, none of which were the least bit interested in biting. If we had made any slower of a presentation, we would have been reeling backwards, but nuttin.

Warmest water we saw all day was 59, but still no joy there either.

Anyways, I will hopefully have some pics to post before long and I have enjoyed reading ya'lls posts. PS Some guy at the dock today offered me all of JT's GPS coordinates for $50. Is this a good deal? And who is JT? :-D
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Chalk

Re: First post-St. Marks

Post by Chalk »

Welcome aboard - JTs holes are on the walls of most public restrooms from Keaton to Lanark. $50 sounds like a scam artist at work :smt005
Redfish Jim
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfish Jim »

Welcome and thanks for the report.

I went yesterday and had similar luck although I did catch a nice redfish. But other than that one fish, I didn't get as much as a nibble.
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

Chalk wrote:Welcome aboard - JTs holes are on the walls of most public restrooms from Keaton to Lanark. $50 sounds like a scam artist at work :smt005
:P :P :P :P :P :P
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

onefishtwofish wrote:Anyways, I will hopefully have some pics to post before long and I have enjoyed reading ya'lls posts. PS Some guy at the dock today offered me all of JT's GPS coordinates for $50. Is this a good deal? And who is JT? :-D
Sounds like you met JT at the dock. :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

It would cost you $50 in paper to write down all of JT's holes. Just stick to those you find on the bathroom walls. They are probably just as accurate.
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

Chalk wrote:Welcome aboard - JTs holes are on the walls of most public restrooms from Keaton to Lanark. $50 sounds like a scam artist at work :smt005
:lol: :lol:

Welcome aboard :thumbup: :thumbup:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

You people sadden me. :(
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »