Young Lady's First Buck

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Young Lady's First Buck

Post by Scoop Sea »

Here is a picture of my daughter's (10 years old) first deer. She shot this 8-point at a little over 50-yards with a 243 yesterday evening. There were 9 deer gathered up in the field and two of them were bucks. She did a great job of holding off on shooting until she had a clear solid shot. She dropped him like a rock with one shot. She has been hunting with me for 4 years and the last two years she has really wanted to take a buck.

This was the first year that she placed on the trophy board at the Saltwater Classic (after 5 years of fishing it) as well, so she is having a great year outdoors. I can honestly say, the fish she catches for the SW Classic, she catches herself unassisted and this buck she bagged was all her with no help from her daddy. I was too busy trying to keep the cam-corder still (her dad had a little buck fever going on). :-D
Attachments
AnneMariesfirstbuck 001.JPG
AnneMariesfirstbuck 001.JPG (4.24 MiB) Viewed 3498 times
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
cygraphics
Site Sponsor

Re: Young Lady's First Buck

Post by cygraphics »

Congrats on a great hunt that you both will never forget. Nothing better than sharing the outdoors with a young person.....Especially with your own daughter or son.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

That is great!!! Congrats! :thumbup:
Catch & Release Fish!!!!....... Not Criminals!

Image Image
FHC
Site Sponsor

Post by FHC »

good deal :thumbup:
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

:smt038 :smt023
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Thanks fellas. I'm just glad (and lucky) to spend some quality time in the stand with her. Some serious discussions have gone down in that box stand. I firmly believe that time on a boat or in a stand will help guide her along to make the right decisions in life. She passed shooting a buck last Sunday and last Wednesday because she said "I just wasn't confident that I could make the shot". Those two times let me know that she understood the bigger picture............ What's unique with our hunts is the fact that we pray before we hunt (once we get situated in the stand) and when we harvest an animal, we say a prayer for the animal. She had a great pre-hunt prayer Wednesday and Friday and my belief let's me know that our Savior allowed her to harvest a deer. It's really that simple. For those who read my posts during the BP Oil Spill, I firmly believe in the following fact "All you have to do is get to Heaven", Life is really that simple. Wishing tight lines and straight shots............. Scoop
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Amen!

Praise the Lord!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP