St. Marks Trout 12/19/10

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jhults7

St. Marks Trout 12/19/10

Post by jhults7 »

Decided to leave the grouper alone due to increased wave heights. My dad, wife, buddy herb, the dog, and myself left the dock at 11am and were back with a 3 man limit of trout with 5 nice sand trout in the mix. One of the best inshore days I have had in a long time. Caught 28 trout on 28 casts in a row. Herb had 11 in a row and dad had 8 in a row. Kylie got tired of catching them and took a nap in the cabin the rest of the day. I have spoiled her on grouper and now thats all she wants to catch..lol :-D . We caught between 120 and 140...lost count. All were caught on grubs, no gulp, no shrimp, no natural anything...just grubs on a 1/4 ounce jig head. Herb even caught a 17.5" red that had to go back...Not giving any spot away but were were in the st marks river north of the fort and south of the newport bridge....about 5 miles of wate to search through....I even saw old Keyser pounding that hole past the resume normal speed sign past the powerplant. Looked as though he was catching them too. Get out there, they are chewing big time.....tight lines- Jordan :thumbup:
Final Tally:
120-140 trout (15 keepers)
5 Sand trout to 14"
1 under red at 17.5"
What a mess

Re: St. Marks Trout 12/19/10

Post by What a mess »

Time to get the grease hot! way to getterdone!
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
bman

Post by bman »

Awesome :thumbup: :thumbup:
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Dadgum!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Wow, that's awesome. I'm going to the river today. I've not spent anytime past the power plant but I will today. :) I didn't realize the trout moved up there. How about the Wakulla? How far up there do they move during the winter?
The Back Porch
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Great job Jordan keep it up
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven