May 9-Shell Point

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LucWilliams

May 9-Shell Point

Post by LucWilliams »

Fished out of Shell Point area today with a couple of my buddies. First spot we hit was stacked up with ladyfish and we managed two trout @ 19 and 18. Also caught a decent bluefish on a gold bomber. I was dieing to fish this spot with topwater at sunrise, but I had no takers. Then we moved on to a few of my other spots and were skunked. We ran in the direction of Wakulla Beach and fished some flats in that area. We managed 4 more keeper trout, 3 @16 and 1@15.5, and another bluefish. We released the fish since they were lower slot. The rest of the day wasn't much to speak of. All in all, 6 keeper trout, two decent bluefish, lots of ladyfish, and some nice sharks on the flats around Wakulla Beach. The trout bite sure is slow around this area. Fishing Lanark very early with my Dad tomorrow, hopefully we will find a few more fish, and bigger ones! Tight lines.

fishinfrenzi15

Re: May 9-Shell Point

Post by fishinfrenzi15 »

It's not the area, it's the weather. Screwin up the fishin. But hope yall get in em at Lanark.
Jhults11

Re: May 9-Shell Point

Post by Jhults11 »

Went today it was tough....trout are real slow right now...will post a report later!!
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau