MEMORIAL DAY - THANKS

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

MEMORIAL DAY - THANKS

Post by Gulf Coast »

Let me be the first to thank all of our veterans for their service to our country salute3 !! Thanks to you all, we can all enjoy the freedoms that we have today.Not going to make a long post just simply "THANKS" :thumbup: :thumbup:
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: MEMORIAL DAY - THANKS

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

APPRECIATE IT
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Amen, Gulf Coast, Amen. :smt083

It is the VETERAN, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the VETERAN, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the VETERAN, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.
It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the VETERAN, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote.

It is the VETERAN who salutes the Flag, salute3 and it is the VETERAN who serves under the Flag. :smt059

ETERNAL REST GRANT THEM O LORD, AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON THEM.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
BrogensDuck

Post by BrogensDuck »

Agreed. I will take this opportunity to maybe take this thread in a more specific direction to thank my grandfather who sailed the waters into Japan on the USS Murrelet, a minesweeper, and wore his US Navy belt buckle until the day he passed. The Navy and his service was such a large piece of him (a lot he never talked about) and was a measure of his dedication to his country and his family. To all the sailors (and other servicemen and women) who preceded him and followed, we remember you with thankful hearts.
countryboy

Post by countryboy »

I am proud to be a Vet and am proud of all my military family. Let us thank God for them all
fly n fish

Post by fly n fish »

Funny thing though, we all did it and never expected any "thanks". To so many of us it was just what you "did". However, we all share a kinship for the remainder of our lives with our brothers in arms, in any branch of our military, in times of peace or times of conflict. That brotherhood is felt but rarely spoken of. Sleep well our warriors who have passed, you did us proud. May God hold you close and continue to bless our wonderful country.

USMC '69
JTR

Post by JTR »

Thank you all who have paid the ultimate price to protect our country, our families, our freedom.

May God bless you all. salute3 :smt051 :smt038
The roar of the engine, the morning air blowing on your face, the darkness is broken as the sun rises above the water revealing the silhouette of a lone bird in the water..........in front of the boat........standing.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Two people in the history of the world have been willing to sacrifice their lives for us. Jesus Christ for our souls and the US Solider for our freedoms.

My thanks and prayers to all those who serve!

As Elanor Roosevelt said: Let us be sure that we live a life worth their sacrifice!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
yardman32317
Site Sponsor

Post by yardman32317 »

Monday we honor those servicemen and women who are no longer with us.
Let us never forget those who gave their life during conflict and those to passed due to injuries suffered, both physical and mental.
It pains me to see the young who are not taught to respect and remember those who wore the uniform protecting what they have.
I wish more would volunteer to serve. Just one tour can be enough. There are a few of us who made it a career but that is our choice.
I'm proud I served and I willl always HONOR those who did and aren't with us now.

Thanks,

USA 77-97
Sua Sponte
RLTW
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

THANKS FOR POSTING THAT YARDMAN, I SERVED IN WW 2 FROM MAR. 1942 TIL JUNE 1946, LIKE YOU SAID WE DID NOT HAVE TO BE DRAFTED . WE SIGNED UP TO HELP PROTECT OUR COUNTRY, WE DID WHAT WAS NECESSARY TO KEEP OUR NATION SAFE AND AWAY FROM HARM. IT REALLY DISTURBES ME THE WAY THE GOVERNMENT IS HANDLING OUR IMAGRATION NOW, WE SHOULD SHIP OUT EVERY ILLEGAL WE CAN FIND, AND REQUIRE ALL THAT HAVE BECOME CITIZENS LEGALLY TO HONOR OUR COUNTRY, FLAG, AND PLEDGE TO OUR FLAG. SLEEP PEACEFULLY BUCKY, FREDDY, JACK, JIM, JOHN JERRY, SMILEY, HARRY,JAMES, ED, JOE,BILLY, AND ALL THE REST OF MY FRIENDS THAT WERE KILLED DURING OUR CONFLICT IN THE S.W. PACIFIC.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
ferris1248
Site Sponsor

Post by ferris1248 »

A salute and a heartfelt thank you to all who sacrificed while serving our country.

RVN - '69-70
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Navy »

salute3 Thanks to those who have served and are currently serving. salute3
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

A SALUTE TO OTHERS WHO HAVE SERVED AND TO THOSE NOW SERVING. salute3
OD

U.S.N '62-66
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I am proud to have served, albeit in peacetime. I give thanks and all the honor deserved to those who fought our nations enemies in order to allow me to live free.
I especially want to thank those, and their families who paid the ultimate price for my freedom. If not for them all else would have been for naught.
salute3
Semper Fidelis,
Jim Hanshaw Corporal, USMC 77-81
FF
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Here's to those who didn't come back. We owe ya, big time. salute3