Keaton Beach 10/15

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

zload
Site Sponsor

Keaton Beach 10/15

Post by zload »

My college student daughter called this past week to let us know she was coming home and wanted to go fishing. We're newbies at saltwater and she has been out to KB 1 time before this past weekend. We got on the water at low low low tide with plans to fish the incoming. Ran North from KB #1 and we were using Gulp shrimp in New Penny, Nuclear Chicken and Pearl. My college student wanted to fish with pinfish and would name each one as she cast them for the first time. Traditon goes back to when she was very young and named every worm, minnow etc. she fished with. She picked up several keeper trout after learning to let the fish hve the live bait a few seconds longer than the jigs while her younger sister picked up a few keeper sea bass.

We were fishing in about 5' of water when my oldest yelled and I saw her popping cork rip across the water with a flash of something silver. Notsure what ot was but her hook was clean.

I got her baited back up and as soon as her bait hit the water it was gone... took her some time and a little help from Dad and Mom but it was an awesome redfish especially for us newbies! Ended up with 4 trout, 3 bass, one redfish release and a very excited daughter!
K with Redfish.JPG
K with Redfish.JPG (1.98 MiB) Viewed 1762 times
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Keaton Beach 10/15

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

MAN O' MAN, WHAT A NICE RED, I KNOW SHE HAD A BALL FIGHTING THAT BIG BOY.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

That's the kind of fishing report that makes one want to grab his hat and take off fishing. I could just see your college student daughter hanging on! Man O Man, what a wonderful time well spent!

Thanks for the good report.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Looks like a great time. :thumbup:
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

It was a great time but... now she thinks catching a fish like that is normal! Should have seen her face when I told her it was too long to keep and had to be released. She was like "Say What?" It was priceless!
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Post by Perch Jerker »

Good deal!