WTB, car for my girls 16th B'day

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

kikstand454

Re: WTB, car for my girls 16th B'day

Post by kikstand454 »

Nice nova!

I always wanted one of those....jacked up a bit in the back and yellow. Those are great little sleeper muscle cars.

I agree though....too big and fast and comfortable for a daughter to own! ;-) :thumbsdown :wink:
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I had a wide front seat like that when I was 16. With that in mind I hope you can keep your daughter far away from one. :)
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Check out the Equinox. Good safety ratings and my daughter loved hers. I wish I had seen this a couple of months ago as we traded it on my wife's new car and let my daughter keep my wife's older Murano. Autotrader is a great place to get an idea of what is out there in your price range. I bought a 96 Bronco and later sold it on there. Found the Equinox on there too. Sold my 69 Bronco because of no power steering and no A/C for my son's first. I did not care about the A/C, but wanted him to have more safety features. You are right to think later model./
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Bought one yesterday, 2001 Dodge Stratus with 111000 miles for $800 :-D We just gotta put a timing belt on it and pray that is all that's wrong with the motor!! :o
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup: I was beginning to think she would turn 18 before you found a car.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Patience and $100 bills :thumbup: works every time :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Suu-eet.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

You probably already know this, but please be sure to replace the idler pulleys and the tensioner as well as the water pump. The change in the tension when the belt is replaced puts different loads on these components and can cause them to fail shortly after the belt has been replaced, requiring you to do the process all over again.
Dodge says this is an interference motor, meaning that the pistons can come in contact with the valves, bending them and requiring the head to be removed to replace them and possibly putting a hole in the piston, if the belt breaks while the engine is running. Changing all the associated components while you are doing the belt is cheap insurance.
We have seen quite a few of these engines where the belt has broken without doing any damage, but that is no guarantee that no damage will occur.
I hope she enjoys her new ride and if you need any information to do the job just ask.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Thanks FF :beer: We know that it's a risk with the valves :smt012 but are playing the odds :thumbup: and yep, we do plan to replace everything that while in there :-D :beer: