Keaton

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Keaton

Post by flatsbroke »

Headed to Keaton in the am,staying Tom and Sun... Lookin pretty crappy but what do u guys predict for sun? Hoping to fish then if I can but if not,so be it,I gotta get away w/ the lady and looks like a nice opportunity to give her this diamond that's burning a hole in my pocket! She's dropped enough hints I'm not gonna make her wait any longer,wish me luck... One more thing fella's- I'm fixing to enter sev # from this "Top Spot" map? They pretty reliable? JT51 could pm me a few numbers as an engagement present,how bout it Mr.Steve?? Lol.
Flatsbroke
Hotpins300

Re: Keaton

Post by Hotpins300 »

Congrats! Im trying to fish either Sat or Sun, but I dont know man. Hopefully youll get a few hours of calm seas.
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Dude if you are giving her a diamond at Keaton and planning on fishing good luck!

I'm still learning the area but here goes...

Mouth of Yates Creek N29 53.730 W83 39.228 not a secret but there are some good bars close by to the North and South. I usually leave Keaton # 1 and run about due North staying in the 5' curve and to about here N29 52.503 W83 42.089 then headstraight in (east) as far as my guts allow depending on tide then trolling motor from then on f you want to get to the creek/bars. Also some good spotted bottom around there and also South to Adam's Beach (N29 52.770 W83 38.644) in 3 - 4 of water.

Go early on Sat due to thunderstorms and watch the weather closely, lots of tornado activity to the NW today not sure how bad Sat but lots of energy in the area and that weird sea fog rolls in quickly.

Probably a spring pattern rather than winter so flats rather than creeks. Local guide report at Keaton Beach Marina web site indicated 65 degree water gulp under popping cork. I like white pearl/new penney and root beer Gulp. Probably slow!
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

Thx guys,she doesn't know I have the ring and know of bad weather and still tells me "we ARE going and if we have to we'll stay in all w/e". I can only imagine I won't get any fishing or rest once she gets that rock on her pretty lil hand. Thanks for the numbers Z,I'll put 'em in.Every little bit helps.She's new to flats fishing and I'm just looking to turn her on to some good trips but I'm guessing the fishing won't be right til middle to end of the month.
Flatsbroke
bman

Post by bman »

Good luck on the fish and congrats!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

Thanks a lot Barry....JT51-I sent you an inbox message on Facebook.
Flatsbroke
Spot on

Post by Spot on »

congrats and i give you a quick report from keaton today, Dad went down this morning and him and his buddy had their 10 in a couple hours, they fished adams beach area. The fish was caught in 4 foot under corks, he said not much action shallow, they had no luck with the reds but did manage a nice spanish and rock bass to go with there trout. congrats again and good luck with the fish oh yea they said it was choppy today so tommorow does not look better.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Proposing and Fishing at the same time.... Congratulations it sounds like you got a keeper.

I actually caught my all time largest trout (just under 30"), on my honeymoon. 14 years later, we are still happily married and I am stilll doing a lot of fishing, so it all worked out.

If you don't find any fish at Keaton - run North toward Yates Creek and Spring Warrior. Keep going until you see the water starting to turn darker brown and give it a try. They seem to like that slightly stained water more that the clear stuff.

Steve Stinson
President
NFGFC
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Anyone got a water temp?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Congrats Flatsbroke. Fishing will be iffy today and choppy tomorrow, but it sounds like you have a good fallback option.
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

Thanks Cap'n,Steve,men....
Flatsbroke