Isaac

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: Isaac

Post by wevans »

Ok, then tell me why it's not a foolish thing to live in a hole, next to the Gulf. There are no doubt some compelling reasons "main reason I can think of is $ from oil" :smt012
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Well, let me agree with you for a minute. Let's all move away from the Gulf where it floods. You call all the folks on Alligator Point, I'll get over to Dog Island, maybe someone else can get down to Spring Creek, I know some folks in Franklin County who can help, we'll need some help for Taylor County, oooh Cap San Blas is gonna take some effort, get all these idiots out.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Just in case someone misunderstands my intended humor...we've put about $200 billion into that place and from all accounts no end is in sight. I can remember when it was a fun place to visit but now the stench from mildew and gosh knows what mixed with puke and public urination has taken away any desire to ever go there again. Both Nawlins and Haiti could learn well from the Japanese re: post-disaster recovery!
I'm a Christian and I feel great latitude in humor.....the two together are what gets me through most days!

I hope the offended party doesn't have a favorite SEC football team!

Relating all current tropical storms to Nawlins is analagous to always giving Tiger's golf score even when he's not even near contention.
The truth is the truth...thin skin or not! Sorry! :-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

[quote="Gumbo"]I just returned to this site, actually missed it a bit, and was going to post a scallop and fishing report from this weekend and read this junk. Making fun of what is about to happen to New Orleans is plain out hateful. You should be ashamed of yourselves. You think that's a Christian way to to think? Hate is hate and if you believe there is someone upstairs that would put up with your discrimination you don't have the same copy of the Bible that I d

GUMBO
of the
If you think all people in New Orleans are Christains why did God turn the last storn that destroyed New Orleans He was trying to the the sinners that they need to shape up or ship out.. Why should we be ashamed of ourselves... well time and time again ive heard of people makeing fun of people living in Taylor but do we give a rats ass
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

They are ABOVE ground, N. O. is BELOW ground!! If yer going to make an argument, at least make one that is comparable :smt004 Lots of places flood, most are not cities below sea level :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

No meds here or hurt feelings but will say to all, this storm ain't worth arguing over. :beer:

Anybody buying "THIS IS THE NEXT KATRINA!" stories from the press need to find some other educational resources... for example the National Hurricane's own discussion posts where they have spoken to problematic issues preventing the storm from strengthening for days. Folks, Katrina was a bona-fide hurricane leaving the keys and an "as powerful as they come" cat 5 storm in the middle of the gulf... whereas this storm has traveled through the keys and dayum near the entire gulf as a storm... and JUST a storm. Landfall wind projections have been dropped from 110mph predictions made four days ago to 60 to 70mph projections now, and with each and every forecast the past few days having lowered them.

Gumbo, not trying to dig you more than you already feel you've been dug into but if Nola can't weather a tropical storm/weak hurricane, sure no place I want to live, though I'll be the first to say I have visited it and love the area. Just wouldn't call it home, again, if it can't survive such a weak storm. I'm suspecting (and praying) all will make it through just fine.

On a personal note, media coverage chafing my azz as we had patients call and cancel visits at our TALLAHASSEE office for today, Wed, and even Thursday due to scare-tactic stories they were seeing on the BOOB-TUBE. These are appointments folks waited as much as seven months to have, all pizzed away by folks fearing weather that thus far has been BETTER than our average summer afternoon. :smt012
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
BayGator

Post by BayGator »

I have to agree with BBG, no comparison. NOLA should be fine, and I hope the new pump system, levees, and flood gates perform as they were designed and it a non issue with minimal damage since 15 billion dollars was spent to avoid another Katrina type disaster.

Katrina vs. Issac

lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Post by lonesouth »

Carlos Mencia put it, or stole it, pretty well. "New Orleans is basically a bowl, surrounded by soup!"
850-273-8818
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

lonesouth wrote:Carlos Mencia put it, or stole it, pretty well. "New Orleans is basically a bowl, surrounded by soup!"
:thumbup:
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

What I was going to post:

The scallops are north and east of black rock. Shallower than the brigade.

The trout seem to be deep, stained water, use bright bait (white gulps were best).

What I'm posting now:

If you think people living in high risk areas are only those that live below sea level in New Orleans, check out Citizens Insurance and what's happening in Florida.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

How many BILLIONS of dollors was spent to TRY and protect the high risk areas in Florida "not just one city, but the whole state"?

PS: Thanks for the report :thumbup: :beer:
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Can't we all just get along and agree that this storm is all Obama's fault. :-D
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Flanders wrote:Can't we all just get along and agree that this storm is all Obama's fault. :-D
I did not realize there was any question! His answer to the Republican Convention! He obviously changed his mind on sending Biden to Florida and sent a storm instead....more and continuous
coverage for days and days.

Methinks now we'll take a ride over to the POLITICS area! :smt005
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Upgraded to a Hurricane and the dry air that was holding it down is almost gone!
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Can't wait to get home and watch the weather channel, those guys just have too much fun :) For some reason they remind me of the nerd movies