Quick report from Sat and Sun

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

konrad

Quick report from Sat and Sun

Post by konrad »

Sat morning I went out with my dad. Got down to the lighthouse a couple min before 7 and was greeted by a stiff S-SW breeze. It had to be blowing at least 15-20mph which made us rethink the plan. Since we already had the boat in the water and nothing else to do that morning we went ahead and pushed it. Headed east past Palmetto Island to a creek mouth that has been producing quality Reds all summer. After a quick stop for bait we anchored up on the hole and began catching fish almost immediately. Caught 10 reds total. One being just under slot and one being a little over. The rest where between 24 to 26 ½ inches. The wind kept getting stronger so we headed back in early. Pulled the boat out of the water at 9:11 and back in Tally by 10:30. It was a very quick trip but also productive.

Sun morning David (Salty Gator) and I took my Jon boat. With the wind blowing out of the N and a high tide the seas weren’t much of a concern. We went to the same hole as the day before. Although we did catch a few their it wasn’t as productive as Sat. I think we ended up boating 5 at that spot. Once the bite died we proceeded to another spot not far away. I got hooked up pretty quickly with a nice 25” and David follows it up with a 26.5” of his own. By this time it’s 11:30. There was a couple Pro games on I wanted to watch so we called it a day. Total 7 reds and 1 trout.
Bullet

Re: Quick report from Sat and Sun

Post by Bullet »

Thanks for the report. I was wondering if anyone got on them this past weekend.
Tight lines

Bullet
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the trip buddy

Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice fish, it was beautiful out there yesterday, I was wondering to if anyone was catching any fish in that tea water.