Lanark

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rocket
Site Sponsor

Lanark

Post by rocket »

Took a buddy to Lanark Yesyerday. We were there @ daylight, and fished until 3:00. Wind was BLOWING all day.
Picked up one 20+ trout behind Lanark reef. Spent several hours hunting the reds. Never found them.
Went over to the backside of Dog Island, to try and locate some fish, but no luck.
We pulled out of the ramp just in time, because the bottom fell out when we did. I swear it put down a foot of water on 98 the whole way home!
It was fun to fish new territory, but one fish aint gonna cut it. At least I got to test the new boat out in some rough water, and she did just fine :thumbup: .
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

At least it wasn't as hot as it has been! I drove to Apalach yesterday, and saw a few trailers at the Lanark ramp. Never can tell, sometimes a cloudy day can produce, so it wasn't a bad idea to try.

I'm gonna give it a go next weekend, if the wind don't blow.

Luck,

EJ
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

New boat?
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Yes, I bought a 2001 Pathfinder 2200V around the first of the month. I hope to post pics soon. :D
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Glad you had a good time. Lanark is one of my more favorite places to fish because it is less crowded than St. Marks. Both locations are good fishing areas for me. Three weeks ago, Me and my buddy went to Lanark and hit the limit!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

They are there, it's just a matter of finding the depth that they are comfortable at :-D Right now they just don't know what to do, due to the weather :o and Summer is always a tuff time ta fish for em :x Don't give up and you will hit the jackpot :thumbup: :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Went to a buddy's secret spot, we did not find them. He says Sunday, he pulled three reds of off it. I guess sometimes they're there, and sometimes they're not :D .
They'll be there next time ;-).
Weveans, did you fish that "Trash Fish Classic" over at Mashes Sands? I saw your posts over on the other site. I know the boys that put it on, and had the chance to fish again this year, but really had my hopes up for some good fishing @ Lanark.
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

Whats up Rocket, did you fish with Runyan?
If thats you, I fished with you guys at the Aucilla a few months back. Chris.

He told me you got a sweet new set up. thats why Im thinking thats you.... Congrats!
CM
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Nope Rocket, I let the wind scare me off :hammer: :hammer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Redfin,
Yeah, me and Runyan decided to put in somewhere different than the "usual stomping grounds" and give it a try. He's having a severe dry spell on the redfishing :-D . It's been killing him ever since I hauled in that hawg a couple weeks ago @ Aucilla. You're more than welcome to come along any time you want.
I here you found the reds over @ Ecofina. We almost went there, almost wish we did now!!
Rocket
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

i'll keep in touch with you guys, I wanna try that new ride...I talked to Mike earlier, he sadi ya'll were gonna take itoff shore one day... did I mention I can oulla anchor rope...:D

i did find a killer spot thats been holding 3 weekes and counting. We'll get up in the next few weeks....
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

10/4