Take a Kid Fishing - 2012: GREAT SUCCESS

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Take a Kid Fishing - 2012: GREAT SUCCESS

Post by Greenbone »

Big thanks to all the captains, friends, and families that helped make this year’s event a success. Even though the water was muddy and wind was a breezy ten knots, there were lots of fish brought in – sea trout, sand trout, mackerel, rock bass, redfish, pinfish, catfish – many shark tales were told. We even had a stingray or two caught. There were many dolphin and sea turtle sightings and even two low-flying military cargo planes were sighted.

A special thanks to Brad Dennard and Atkins for donating the food and drinks; Miguel Jimenez and Harvest Printing for the decals; Marty Spears and Flowers Bakery for the buns; Jim McKinnell and CVS Pharmacy for the antibacterial soap and sunscreen; the Town of St. Marks for waiving ramp and pavilion fees; and Big Bend Fishing Forum for helping to get the word out.

Once again, thanks captains for your time and resources. This would not have happened without you!

Don England
850-510-0828
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Re: Take a Kid Fishing - 2012: GREAT SUCCESS

Post by dombern34 »

I had a Great time as this was my First year participating in this event. without a doubt i will be back next year!! Thanks again for allowing me to have the opportunity to take part!
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

Thanks dom for your help. I heard some of the kids asking their captains if they would be back next year cause they wanted to fish with them on their boat again. I'm thinking about changing it up next year, leave off the "back by noon to eat" but leave with a bag lunch so we can fish longer.
Greenbone
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

I had a great time also again this year. saw quite a few of the participants from last year. My little fisherman seemed to have a fine time also. He was carrying sand trout around at the picnic showing everyone what he had caught ! I'm looking forward to next year also. No explaining how good it makes you feel to see these kids enjoying themselves out on the water.
Jhults11

Post by Jhults11 »

It looked as though everyone had a blast again this year! Nice showing once agan Don! The two little guys with us had a blast reeling in fish, playing with the skrimp in the livewell, watching the two huge C130s fly over, and just being out on the open ocean. Nice to see everyone again and am looking forward to it again next year. If you havn't participated before, you should give it a go. It is definitly a rewarding feeling at the end of the day!
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
CaptReelThyme

Post by CaptReelThyme »

Didn't set any fishing records that day, but had a great time taking a kid fishing. Will be there at the next one!
tallykenjsbetterhalf
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenjsbetterhalf »

Our first year participating. We had a great time with the kids and look forward to next year!