Xmas Eve Eve (Late) Spring Warrior

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Xmas Eve Eve (Late) Spring Warrior

Post by red_yakker »

Went to the Warrior with my buddy Seth on Sunday. Fished from 8:00 til 10:30 in front of the oyster bars with one 20" trout and two others lost at the boat. We decided to run up some creeks looking for some mullet or a redfish with no luck. Went back out just as the tide was supposed to change (11:45 or so) and picked up 7 more nice upper-slot trout. It was slow, but consistent action until about 1:00. We caught ours in 4-5 feet on Cotton Cordell Redfins. This was my first fishing trip in a WHILE, so I was glad we didn't get skunked, but I really wish I could have gotten out there last week before that cold front moved through.
Attachments
1223120942.JPG
1223120942.JPG (621.02 KiB) Viewed 1908 times
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
kirt

Re: Xmas Eve Eve (Late) Spring Warrior

Post by kirt »

Good report,

I think I saw you guys that morning. We came out of Finholloway about 9:00 or so and passed 2 kayaks while we were idling to a spot. There were 3 of us in a flats boat, it was a really nice day compared to Saturday. We caught a few trout in the area also and decided to run on the other side of rock island and try to some deep holes with no success for trout. We ended up trolling up the creeks a ways and found quite a few reds but they were scattered. All in all a good day
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Thanks for posting, sounds like you had some fun!!
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

kirt wrote:Good report,

I think I saw you guys that morning. We came out of Finholloway about 9:00 or so and passed 2 kayaks while we were idling to a spot. There were 3 of us in a flats boat, it was a really nice day compared to Saturday. We caught a few trout in the area also and decided to run on the other side of rock island and try to some deep holes with no success for trout. We ended up trolling up the creeks a ways and found quite a few reds but they were scattered. All in all a good day
Not us, We were in my boat instead of the yaks. I saw the two kayakers you're talking about though. Looked like a couple of touring yaks rather than the hardcore fishing machines we fish out of ;) They paddled right in front of my drift while I was fishing. Close enough I could have hung my lure on his ear had I been in the right mood.
Glad to hear we're not the only ones who caught a little something.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

looking good Benji. Hope you had a great Christmas. Are you going to join us for some tournaments this year? I hope to see you in KB at a minimum.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

Brian, seems like I'm having less and less time to go fishing with my job, the farm, and to top it off we had our first little baby girl (Amelia Ruth) in November. Doubt I'll be doing any tournament fishing this year, but I might still see you out there. Maybe I'll get into the whole tournament thing when she's old enough to start going with me ;)
Attachments
millyworm.jpg
millyworm.jpg (50.74 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Awesome. Congrats! Those are some nice slippers Amelia is sporting
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Nice phishes! Love your little girl, she's precious.
Yours in the South