Ecofina 4/27/13 report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Ecofina 4/27/13 report

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Taxman, Bob the builder and I got to the ramp at 7:00 and was greeted with a long line of boats waiting to launch. Some were expedient on getting unloaded....others well weren't. We got out the mouth and went north into the choppy seas. Taxman was 1st on the board with this small cobe.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.usThe fishing was really slow with only 2 trout in the box by 10:00. We tried shallow we tried deep. I decided to try and catch some pinfish so I tossed out 2 small chunks of cut bait . Soon as it hit the water.......zzzzzzzzzzzzz I caught a keeper Spanish on the bait pole! Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us We decided to head south and try near rock island. The fishing was better down there and the wind started to slack a little bit. The fish never really turned on like I thought they would in the 72degree water but around 11:00 I finally got a trout in the box.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us It was a real slow morning but after lunch it got better and more fish were hitting the box. The other guys were wearing me out before lunch but I caught up in the afternoon. Texted my wife to tell her what wee had caught so far and she told me I better stay a little longer as to bring home more fish. :smt007 Man I love that woman! :smt007 We ended up staying till 4:30 and wound up with 13 trout,3 spanish,3 blues and 4bsb. Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us Here is another shot of the fish on the fishcleaning table. They about would not fit. Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us As much fun as it was to stay later I did not make it in the house after cleaning boat and fish till 8:30. It was agreat day but I think I wont stay that late any more. :-D
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Ecofina 4/27/13 report

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Maybe this pic will fit.Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.usImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Nice Mess of fish :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Dockwilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Dockwilson »

Great catch! :thumbup:
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

That is a nice mess......Better than we did, but I did get to take Mama & Daddy a fresh trout for their supper.
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

Nice haul :thumbup:
FishingCPA

Post by FishingCPA »

Greg, I had a great time Saturday after we finally starting catching fish. It wound up being a great day even with the wind. Maybe it won't be too long before we can go again!! :D
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice fish!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

FishingCPA wrote:Greg, I had a great time Saturday after we finally starting catching fish. It wound up being a great day even with the wind. Maybe it won't be too long before we can go again!! :D
I figured I got your screen name wrong. Yep hope not too long. :-D
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Welby wrote:That is a nice mess......Better than we did, but I did get to take Mama & Daddy a fresh trout for their supper.
Maybe that tip will help you on the next trip... :wink:
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Great Trip Greg!! Sorry I missed it!! :hammer: Rain Check Please!!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Ranaman wrote:Great Trip Greg!! Sorry I missed it!! :hammer: Rain Check Please!!
Here you go......OFFICIAL RAIN CHECK. Hope we can use it soon. :-D