Where do we go from here

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Re: Where do we go from here

Post by onefishtwofish »

I have already learned a lot from this discussion.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

just thought I would "brag."

Spent a long weekend at the beach with a good friend and his family. Some of you may know that I was celebrating a 6th wedding anniversary that was apparently not meant to be. Good friends, a good dog, a couple trips to the Raw Bar, a little bourbon and some time on the water was just what I the Dr. prescribed. Catching a 25"+ trout that was almost 5.5#s was a bonus; as was the NFGFC check that came with it. Released probably a dozen more over 20" in the 3 days I was there. Don't feel I harmed anyone or future generations in the process of enjoying my weekend. I had a blast with the folks who fished the tourney and those who came to spend time at the beach with me. I don't have any regrets and will try to catch another hawg next month. Oh yea, since I was headed to Raw Bar and didn't have any intention of eating the fresh fish that evening, I gave all the trout to a fellow competitor to share with his family. Sorry to paint such a postive experience of what tournament fishing can be.

Most of our trout fell victim to a floating jerkbait. While I was becoming frustrated at Matt's uncanny ability to work that lure, I knew the only path to vindication was locating a big, ol' pig. That meant I was tied to Super Spooks and Skitterwalks until I connected. The big girl above softly sucked under a Spook. She also cracked it down the center and will be the only fish that lure ever catches. Our combined stringer weighed 14.8#s.

To the CPAs from Alabama that we met during the storm, please sign on and join the fun.

Finally, if you find a grammatical error, punctuation flaw or other deficiency in my post, then feel free to refrain from reposting. You would obviously qualify as a arm-chair QB, douche should you post the same in response to a substantive fishing report...

In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

I had a good Saturday too my fish fell victim to one of them skitterwalks.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Nice fish!!! Congrats! :thumbup:
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Nice catch Brian!
Team Jolly Mon
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Nice report, Brian. That's an awesome trout. I'm sorry to hear about the anniversary that wasn't meant to be. Hang in there.
The Back Porch
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :smt004
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Nize trip Brian! I was three miles from the ol' Raw Bar weekend before last and I could not get my girls to go. Just did not feel right not going. They wanted fru fru food in Port St. Joe. The fru fru food was good though, but I am ready for a man trip to the Pass! :lick:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

SHOWBOAT wrote:just thought I would "brag."

Spent a long weekend at the beach with a good friend and his family. Some of you may know that I was celebrating a 6th wedding anniversary that was apparently not meant to be. Good friends, a good dog, a couple trips to the Raw Bar, a little bourbon and some time on the water was just what I the Dr. prescribed. Catching a 25"+ trout that was almost 5.5#s was a bonus; as was the NFGFC check that came with it. Released probably a dozen more over 20" in the 3 days I was there. Don't feel I harmed anyone or future generations in the process of enjoying my weekend. I had a blast with the folks who fished the tourney and those who came to spend time at the beach with me. I don't have any regrets and will try to catch another hawg next month. Oh yea, since I was headed to Raw Bar and didn't have any intention of eating the fresh fish that evening, I gave all the trout to a fellow competitor to share with his family. Sorry to paint such a postive experience of what tournament fishing can be.

Most of our trout fell victim to a floating jerkbait. While I was becoming frustrated at Matt's uncanny ability to work that lure, I knew the only path to vindication was locating a big, ol' pig. That meant I was tied to Super Spooks and Skitterwalks until I connected. The big girl above softly sucked under a Spook. She also cracked it down the center and will be the only fish that lure ever catches. Our combined stringer weighed 14.8#s.

To the CPAs from Alabama that we met during the storm, please sign on and join the fun.

Finally, if you find a grammatical error, punctuation flaw or other deficiency in my post, then feel free to refrain from reposting. You would obviously qualify as a arm-chair QB, douche should you post the same in response to a substantive fishing report...

I think you meant a lot of bourbon.
Come on old pal, you & I both know you threw a popping cork & live bait.

We'll have some pics from the Bayflats trip.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

SHOWBOAT wrote:Finally, if you find a grammatical error, punctuation flaw or other deficiency in my post, then feel free to refrain from reposting. You would obviously qualify as a arm-chair QB, douche should you post the same in response to a substantive fishing report...
Great. Just great.

And only 1 typo.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Looks like I caught redfin hook, line and sinker. Despite the obvious value you've added to the actual fishing content on this forum you may want to petition Barry for a "trolling" forum? Any info from your weekend fishing exploits that you think might benefit the masses? Probably not.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

SHOWBOAT wrote:Any info from your weekend fishing exploits that you think might benefit the masses? Probably not.
I'll look into it with Barry - sorry I don't feel the need to post a picture of every redfish or trout I catch so everyone can pat me on the back to make me feel like a succssfull tournament fisherman and tell me what a great day I had. Did that in my younger days.

And I "thought" I was doing the forum a service by helping you with your spelling. Apparently you took offense. No harm intended.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Redfin wrote:
SHOWBOAT wrote:Any info from your weekend fishing exploits that you think might benefit the masses? Probably not.
I'll look into it with Barry - sorry I don't feel the need to post a picture of every redfish or trout I catch so everyone can pat me on the back to make me feel like a succssfull tournament fisherman and tell me what a great day I had. Did that in my younger days.
Only 1 typo on your post there Redfin. :lol:

I feel the same as you. (but not about typo's.....they don't bother me) I don't feel the need to tell anyone what, where, or how I fished yesterday. I do have a couple of salty old dudes who I talk to and share detailed info. It's mutually beneficial. Inviting the "masses" to my fishing spot seems counter-productive. Most fishing reports/pics I see on here leave out the geographic details for the same reason. I didn't see any requirements detailing a required number of fishing reports and/or pictures when I signed up for the forum. I do see that I have a different viewpoint on fisheries management than many of the more vocal posters on the forum. Everybody has an opinion. We all like to fish. I'm leaving it at that.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Fishing is fun! :-D
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

The End :-D