Needing help for birthday trip

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

basstracker93

Needing help for birthday trip

Post by basstracker93 »

Hi all it seems that the year has really flown by. I made a trip last year on my birthday to St. Marks fishing and really did well east of the light house. As it is that time again and I turn the big 44 I was hoping for any insight if that would be a good run for me again this year. I will be going out Tuesday the 8th. I may have lucked up last year but hoping for another good b-day trip. Sorry if this isn't where this post should be but I mostly do inshore when I go. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Not asking for numbers just any help on where I may get some hookups. Have been told Lanark Village is good and also Keaton
Beach. Thanks again members.

:smt017
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Needing help for birthday trip

Post by Steve Stinson »

Unless you just really want to go to St. Marks, I would drive a little extra and go over toward Lanark. The flats off St. Marks are just starting to recover from the abundance of rain we had this Summer. The water is really dark and fish are off shore a bit.

Over at Lanark / Alligator Pt, there is not as many rivers and creeks running into the Gulf and the water is better.

Steve Stinson
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Definitely go to Lanark! Just watch the winds with this storm allegedly rolling through here in the next few days.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
basstracker93

Post by basstracker93 »

Thanks Steve and Galant Nole Tuesdays my day and sure hope all this weather is gone. Did final check of boat and all is good even bought new measurer to be sure im not short and have FWC give me a b-day gift from them. Thanks again. 8)
basstracker93

Post by basstracker93 »

Want to thank Steve S and Galantnole for their help in pointing me in the right direction for my annual b-day fishing trip. Caught reds, pompano, black sea bass, and thanks to rob from panacea in helping to identify my "yellow brim" fish along with as many catfish as you could want. There should be no shortage on catfish in the inshore gulf. Rob if you read this is the fish you identified good to eat or should i use it as bait next time i catch one. This one was released due to me not being able to identify it and didnt want FWC to give me their own kind of b-day gift. All were caught in 3-4 feet of water using cut mullet and shrimp the squid i purchased didnt even get a nibble. Thanks again to all who pointed me in the direction of Lanark Village it was well worth the drive. :-D
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

I have read they are good eating but have never tried them. I'm guessing it'd be like eating a bream. I would use them for bait first.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
basstracker93

Post by basstracker93 »

Thanks rob b. I appreciate all your help and expertise. :thumbup: