Aucilla River trout

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

redbelly7

Aucilla River trout

Post by redbelly7 »

Are the trout in the Aucilla or is there too much fresh water flowing through it?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Aucilla River trout

Post by Steve Stinson »

I sent you an I.M. this morning, but did not get a reply. Check your messages when you have a chance.

Steve Stinson
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

Got it. I tried to reply to you. Let me know if it went through.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

No, didn't get the reply, but good luck if you decide to go.
bigphishy

Post by bigphishy »

i have herd people having a lot of succes there lately. so we went yesterday ..................aaannnddd... did not have anything to show for it . we threw suspending baits and jigs and fished them slow with no results. we tried to fish the deeper holes from north of the boat ramp all the way down to the mouth of the river. we were there from just before high tide to the start of the outgoing. almost every boat we asked said they had not caught anyhting either. the few people that did catch fish said it was slow.we did not see any mullet or baitfish all day. right now the water is much darker than normal due to the recent rains and im sure the fresh water influenced the bite as well.
foxtrotuniform

Post by foxtrotuniform »

bigphishy wrote:i have herd people having a lot of succes there lately. so we went yesterday ..................aaannnddd... did not have anything to show for it . we threw suspending baits and jigs and fished them slow with no results. we tried to fish the deeper holes from north of the boat ramp all the way down to the mouth of the river. we were there from just before high tide to the start of the outgoing. almost every boat we asked said they had not caught anyhting either. the few people that did catch fish said it was slow.we did not see any mullet or baitfish all day. right now the water is much darker than normal due to the recent rains and im sure the fresh water influenced the bite as well.
The trout have been turned off everywhere over the last couple bluebird days since the cold front passed. So its kinda tough to know if its the river or the weather...

I fished the aucilla after a cold snap a month or so back, and had one of my best trout days of the season. No monsters, but consistent quality fish all afternoon. The bite was best in the creeks through the cut, but you've gotta bang some rocks to get there.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I went to both the Aucilla and Econfina this weekend. At what should have been low tide, there was still a lot of brown water flushing down both rivers. That may foul up the bite for a while. Hopefully the rain will take a break this week.
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

No trout today, 1/21/14.
Will try agin Thursday if the river doesn't ice over!
foxtrotuniform

Post by foxtrotuniform »

Caught a handful of tiny trout in Spring Creek yesterday. The big guys must be offshore.
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

Well guys, it's been a while since the last fresh water. Is water level down at the Aucilla now? Anyone go this weekend?
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

Well, did anyone go in the last couple of days?
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Their biting!
wishin2bfishin

Post by wishin2bfishin »

I wish someone would share their secrets about the Aucilla in the wintertime. I've been 3 times in January and caught 1 trout. Discouraging.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

fish very slowwwwwww!!!!
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

mpa_72001 wrote:fish very slowwwwwww!!!!
What he said :thumbup: :thumbup: