St Marks Fishing and Tow

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

leesburgga

St Marks Fishing and Tow

Post by leesburgga »

Launched at the fort in St Marks this morning. Headed east and made it all the way to Aucilla before getting a keeper. My son and I picked up 7 keepers once we found them. All on CJ with new penny gulps 3.5-4 foot of water.

Now for the rest of the story--If you don't have a tow service subscription, get one. I have been a Sea Tow subscriber for 8 years and made my first call to them today. While heading back to the launch in after a full day of fishing, my motor starting running hot. So unexpected and so stranded. While on the phone with Sea Tow and being "patched through" to the local captain, the Sea Tow boat just happened to pass by close enough for me to flag him down. Within 5 minutes, we had a line hooked to the bow and were on our way to the dock. Captain Ron (with Sea Tow in St Marks) is a true gentleman and professional.
Last edited by leesburgga on June 15th, 2014, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Re: St Marks Fishing and Tow

Post by flatsbroke »

I agree. Class act,Capt Ron. Used my membership recently myself and couldn't ask for better service. I won a gold membership and you can bet I'll pay and renew in Feb. Glad to hear y'all caught a mess.
Flatsbroke
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

I can also Amen Sea Tow's services. We've used them twice already. Wouldn't be on the water without Sea Tow!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
bman

Post by bman »

I hate to admit the number of times I've called Joel... on my boats and when out with others.
Joel is a Good guy and has always come through for me!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

what is the range of coverage for Sea Tow?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Redbelly wrote:what is the range of coverage for Sea Tow?

Not positive, but I believe it's from Keaton Beach to Apalachicola and may also cover St. Joe. Capt. Joel Singletary and his team do an outstanding job and provide peace-of-mind boating. Highly recommend this service.

https://www.seatow.com/local/bigbend/
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

I spent a day out of Aucilla a while back, when I got home the water pump screamed and died while I was flushing out the motor. I thought a bit about what a hassle it would have been if that happened a hour earlier, out in the Gulf!
I ran in the house and signed up with SeaTow! No Worry's now!!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Redbelly wrote:what is the range of coverage for Sea Tow?
From their website :beer:
How far offshore am I covered?
We do not have any specific offshore distance limits. How far offshore Sea Tow will go to get you is only limited by the sea conditions, fuel capacity of our boats and our ability to communicate with you. If, for any reason, Sea Tow cannot respond we will assist in arranging for an alternate provider and provide reimbursement up to $5000 per incident. In most cases, if we are unable to respond no other commercial assistance provider will be able to either, so we will defer to the U.S. Coast Guard.

How do I get in touch with Sea Tow when I need on-water assistance?
The quickest and safest way to contact your local Sea Tow® is on VHF channel 16. Call "Sea Tow, Sea Tow, Sea Tow, this is the vessel (name)." The local Sea Tow Captain will answer and take you to a working channel. All Sea Tow boats are painted yellow. Do not accept any other company. If there is no answer, call the U.S. Coast Guard, also on VHF channel 16, and ask for Sea Tow. You can also contact Sea Tow via phone at 800-4-SEATOW (473-2869). In emergency situations, always call the U.S. Coast Guard first.

https://www.seatow.com/about/locations-and-coverage
Zoom out and you'll see the area's that are covered with a Yellow boat :-D :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

I wouldn't be without Sea Tow. Used them twice and always very professional and courteous.

They sure know how to tow another boat!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP