Yamaha Prop

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Yamaha Prop

Post by Hollywood »

Hey guys I need help with locating a prop, its kind of an odd prop and I figured maybe someone on here could help me out.

I need a 13 1/4 inch 18 pitch 4 blade prop for a 115 Yamaha Four Stroke. Used if possible.
edif

Re: Yamaha Prop

Post by edif »

You might call Wavell Porter at Porter Marine.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Give Dennis, the service manager at Shields Marina, a call. They have a bunch of props and may have the one you're looking for. You didn't mention aluminum or stainless in your post, but they've got a selection of used.

850-925-6158
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

***Just posting this in hopes of saving you the trouble I had.*** I put a 4 blade Mercury trophy 17 pitch stainless prop on my Yamaha 115 4S... I love the performance of the stainless prop over the factory aluminum 3 blade 19 pitch prop, but when I first installed it I had a very loud prop rattle at idle in gear that resolved itself immediately when applying throttle. According to all the mechanics I talked to, the rattle is due to a 4 cylinder engine allowing the lower unit gears to "unload" then "load" briefly between cylinders firing at idle speed. I had to buy a Mercury Flo-Torq III prop hub (that allows the prop hub to flex slightly) and it mostly fixed the rattling I had. I guess I should have put a Yamaha prop on it but this Mercury one was a LOT cheaper, and fits fine.