FISHING THIS FRIDAY

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Psychomedic3

FISHING THIS FRIDAY

Post by Psychomedic3 »

Hey I'm taking my dad fishing out st. marks friday. probably gonna put in at the light house. Any advice on whats biting or how to fish it? was hoping to get a little deeper like 30-45 ft for some sea bass or grouper if we got lucky. also wanted to fill up on trout and I've never had any luck with trout. any advice PLEASE!!!!!!!!
fredhey

Re: FISHING THIS FRIDAY

Post by fredhey »

Be reminded that gag grouper season is closed in both state and federal waters at this time.

Good luck with the fishing trip. Sounds like the weather will be good for you. Be careful.
Jhults11

Post by Jhults11 »

Take a look at the artificial reef coordinates page listed here on this website. A lot of those will hold legal sea bass, flounder, and sheepshead this time of year. Squid, gulps, and shrimp will work for all 3 of those species. As previously mentioned, grouper are closed until April 1. As for trout and reds, fish the oyster bars at the mouth of the river. Good luck and stay safe! :thumbup:
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

Just FYI, said you going out the light house. Don't know what size boat you are fishing out of, there's a negative low tide early. The mouth of the light house channel is very skinny. Good luck fishing,I did well on reds and sea bass last week.