Keaton Report 5/13-15

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fish Dawg

Keaton Report 5/13-15

Post by Fish Dawg »

Since no one post very much any more , I will . Went down early Friday with Big Dawg and Little Dawg. Brought a Newbie and his family in another boat. Went north , and had a blast for 2 1/2 days . The trout were a little slow but the Reds were on fire . Live shrimp under a PC around the oyster bars BUT we caught a few keepers on the flats. It was truely a mixed bag on the flats , Spanish , BSB , 1 big OL' Black Drum , flounder , trout and Reds. Saturday PM , the trout finally turn on a little , and we ended up with 9 in 4.5 ft of water ! Sunday AM ran back out for a few more Reds and caught a Big 30" one ! Good fight and release her after a quick picture . This new Red fish limit is stupid . More Reds than ever , we come down from Ga once or twice a month and it would be nice to catch 2 per person. One man told me he caught 20 , catch and release , and took 1 to the house.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Report 5/13-15

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Yall did good, thanks for the report. I was down a couple weeks ago and didn't do near that good. And you are right about reports, I think yours was the second one from the weekend, and I know more than 2 boats went out :roll: .
Yours in the South
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Great report. I'm with you I don't understand why there are so few reports. That was the best thing about this site was all the reports. Bad or good they are fun to read. I guess the "you should have let it go" or "how can you eat all those fish" has turned people off. Again great report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phil. 4:8

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Its called fishing, but aint it great when you catch em. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Fish Dawg wrote:Since no one post very much any more , I will . Went down early Friday with Big Dawg and Little Dawg. Brought a Newbie and his family in another boat. Went north , and had a blast for 2 1/2 days . The trout were a little slow but the Reds were on fire . Live shrimp under a PC around the oyster bars BUT we caught a few keepers on the flats. It was truely a mixed bag on the flats , Spanish , BSB , 1 big OL' Black Drum , flounder , trout and Reds. Saturday PM , the trout finally turn on a little , and we ended up with 9 in 4.5 ft of water ! Sunday AM ran back out for a few more Reds and caught a Big 30" one ! Good fight and release her after a quick picture . This new Red fish limit is stupid . More Reds than ever , we come down from Ga once or twice a month and it would be nice to catch 2 per person. One man told me he caught 20 , catch and release , and took 1 to the house.
No one said you couldn't catch 2 per person, I wouldn't red fish if I only caught 2 every trip ( I guess you meant keep 2 per person). Sounds like y'all had a good trip, congrats.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Phil. 4:8 wrote:Its called fishing, but aint it great when you catch em. Thanks for taking the time to post.
GREAT advice you gave….Phil 4:8

Wouldn't it change the world if we all took that advice!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP