Keaton 6-2-16

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SS-342
Site Sponsor

Keaton 6-2-16

Post by SS-342 »

We didn't get in the water as early as I wanted but only a few boat were in the parking lot. Our first stop had turn to catfish city all about the same size so we quickly moved on to number two spot where we found Mr. Trout at home. I was jigging and throwing hard bait and my wife was slinging a cork and catching trout. By eleven thirty we, mostly she, had eight on ice. I caught one more a little after twelve making number 9.

Ten would be easy….right?

We did catch some 15ings but didn't keep them so at five we gave up and came home. The nine we caught were on the short side, 16ings with a couple of short seventeens.

Well, that's my story and as Mudduck says, "I'm sticking to it!"
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton 6-2-16

Post by Blue spinner »

good report yall did better than me and my granddaughter for two days we got 4 keeper trout and one sea bass we only fish for a few hours each day
not going this morning she got too hot
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Blue Spinner, I thought about calling you on the radio yesterday but didn't. We were only a few miles from Rock Island near your territory.

They bite New Penny or white with chart. tails. We were out of white with orange tails. I believe they would have liked that even better.

Odd how they change bites. Last week gigging was better than the cord. Yesterday the cork was better with little or no action.

YES………….it was HOT!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Good catching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk