St Marks 6-11-16 fishing report. . . Sort of

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

The day started out normally. Bob the builder was a little late as always the we headed to St Marks. We get almost there and he says let's get shrimp so we detour to shell island camp. Image. We get to the fort ramp and I notice a burning rubber smell. What the heck. I look out the window to this. Image £#*#€>#. AAARRRRGGG. End of axel almost broke off. Called my wife she made some calls. No one opens till later. So she said if you can get in water go fish and I'll call with what find out. (I had already struck out with Sheilds and Shell Island. No axel or trailer. So with the help of a fellow at the ramp loaning me a jack. We got it in the water and went out. Caught lots of these. Image. All the while telling my wife where to pick up the 6x16 trailer and chains and blocks and come along. Etc. Much redneck magivering. We got it on the trailer. Image. Then a ran boat around to Shell Island Camp to get the boat out of the water. This made me nervous. Image. Image. We managed three keeper trout anyway. Water was 85 degrees. My wife sent me this pic while following me to Bellamys. Image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: St Marks 6-11-16 fishing report. . . Sort of

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

MAN, THATS NO FUN, YOU ARE LUCKY IT DID NOT COME OFF AND HIT SOMEONE, THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPEN. ALWAYS CHECK BEARING AND SPLINE SHAFTS SEVERAL TIMES A YEAR. I USE OIL LUBRICATED BEARINGS AND CHECK THEM EVERY TIME I COME HOME, EASY TO DO WITH HUB WITH A RUBBER PLUG. I ALWAYS USE SYNTHETIC OIL ON MY BOATS, CARS, AND THE 18 WHEELERS THAT HAUL CARS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY.
THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIX THAT IN A SHORT, SHORT.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
cast-n-stone
Site Sponsor

Post by cast-n-stone »

Well ya made the best out of it anyway. Could have never got my bride to bring a trailer to me . Ive got a bunch of two year old bearings you can have if theyll fit, thats as long as I run them.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

cast-n-stone wrote:Well ya made the best out of it anyway. Could have never got my bride to bring a trailer to me . Ive got a bunch of two year old bearings you can have if theyll fit, thats as long as I run them.
. I was surprised she did. Lol it's not bearings. The end of the axel with the hub attached broke off.

SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

You were blessed it didn't hurt someone. GLAD EVERYTHING WORKED OUT.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

I've never seen one do that, glad it worked out for ya. And caught some fish, that was a bonus for sure.
Yours in the South
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

I broke my axle just like that a few years ago. Hit a pot hole coming out of a parking lot and noticed my tire sure looked funny. Luckily I was just a couple miles from the house. I creeped home and had to put a new axle on it. If you have to put a new axle on, I would suggest changing everything from the springs down. Things that look fine can have a surprising amount rust in them once you get them taken apart.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Crossmembers are rusted through too. Looks like gonna have to have a new trailer.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Bellamy in Thomasville loaned me a trailer to go get my boat today. He's a great guy by the way. I thought it would be way to big but would get it home. Got to Shell Island Fish Camp and the put my boat back in the water so I could load it on the trailer. Image. Image. They only charged me $10 pulling put on rack and putting it in today. They are good people there. A few minor adjustments and some rigging and I got her home. Image. The boat is only a foot from the bow stop so I think trailer can be modified to fit my boat right. So I'm gonna see if I can buy this one.

Last edited by Hit-n-Miss on June 12th, 2016, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

It looks good, I think you'll like the double axle on that one with your rig.
Yours in the South
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

DixieReb wrote:It looks good, I think you'll like the double axle on that one with your rig.
. It pulled good even though not set up for my boat per say.

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

cast-n-stone wrote:Well ya made the best out of it anyway. Could have never got my bride to bring a trailer to me . Ive got a bunch of two year old bearings you can have if theyll fit, thats as long as I run them.
Sounds like I might have married her cousin! :smt009
Last edited by MudDucker on June 14th, 2016, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

My wife would have laughed at me and told me that's why I have so many tools.
Last edited by doomtrpr_z71 on June 13th, 2016, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Sorry you had trouble. At least you have a good support team.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

trout fisher wrote:Sorry you had trouble. At least you have a good support team.
. Yep she's the best. She was calm pulled the trailer (1st time) and gathered the needed items. And she told me to order a new trailer today. Love that woman.