Snapper Season: Extra Innings!!!!

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Snapper Season: Extra Innings!!!!

Post by Scoop Sea »

Thanks to the Snapper Season being extended a couple of days, I was able to get out on the water today with my fishing buddies. They fished yesterday and limited out and also got some nice red grouper. Today we only got a couple grouper, but we did get our limit of Snapper (14 as we had 7 on the boat). The bite was slow in the morning but around 1:15 it took off and we caught the majority of our keepers in about an hour. The water was like glass and it was hot as all get out, but it was a great day.

Below are some pics from today.

On a side note, when we pulled up at Crum's in Panacea around 0540 Mr. Crum advised me that they had been slammed already and expected it to continue through tomorrow due to the snapper season extra innings. Great news for our rural county....
Attachments
Box Full
Box Full
Snapper.jpg
Couple of the bigger ones
Couple of the bigger ones
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Snapper Season: Extra Innings!!!!

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice work scoop. We did well yesterday as well. We were the only truck in Crums parking lot at 5:25, by 5:35 the lot was full and there was nowhere to pull in another boat. He sold a bunch of bait, gas and ice that he probably wouldn't have had the season not been extended.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Re: Snapper Season: Extra Innings!!!!

Post by Scoop Sea »

Thanks Salty Gator for that update, glad they had another good day of commerce. We took some fresh fish down to Posey's last night and gave them some business as ell. Great weekend overall.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."