Fishing Report Shell Point Area 6/2-6-15-16

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Price3275

Fishing Report Shell Point Area 6/2-6-15-16

Post by Price3275 »

Was able to come down to Shell Point 6-2 to 6-15 on vacation with my family. Despite being interrupted by Tropical Storm Colin, we caught a good many short trout, and lots of keepers also. Trout mostly in 2 to 4 feet of water on grass flats around Goose Creek and the stake line on white Gulp shrimp under a popping cork. (also had some success with new penny color gulp shrimp and natural VUDU shrimp.) No reds at ALL this trip. I hooked up with about a 100 lb. tarpon (200 yards South of Live Oak Island)on a gulp shrimp on a trout rod in 2 feet of water for about 20 seconds. What a show! That one cast made the trip worth it...I had never even seen a tarpon in person. I also fought a big cobia for about 20 minutes at a close in reef, and eventually got broke off. Tried fishing everywhere around St. Marks with very limited success. We had much better luck on everything around Goose Creek/Shell Point Beach/Spring Creek oyster bars. The kids had a blast catching small sharks and catfish. I will try to post a few pics.

Attempt on the Cobia...

2true

Re: Fishing Report Shell Point Area 6/2-6-15-16

Post by 2true »

Nice Rainbow!
wally
Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing Report Shell Point Area 6/2-6-15-16

Post by wally »

Love the smiles from the kids