Wouldn't really call it a scallop report..

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Well my boat trailer has not arrived yet. And I have not missed a scallop opener in a long time. So we decided to go wading for them. Image. Rigged up a cooler and got our floating flags together. Was going to go to Keaton but a customer said they had done well wading in front of the lighthouse. It's closer so we got there just after sunup. Image. Well long story short we snorkeled around for 2 hours much to the bemusement of the people around. And this is what we found. Image. So we gave up and ride over the fort ramp to see how busy it was. There were trailers past the crossroads in all directions. Hope they did better than we did. And I really hope my trailer comes in next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Wouldn't really call it a scallop report..

Post by DixieReb »

I'm sorry you didn't find any, but for wading that's about what I figured. you'll do a lot better when your boat is ready.
Yours in the South
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Hate to hear that. I didn't get to go today either, but I saw a zillion trucks with empty trailers in a 25 mile stretch of 98.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

But we did have some great seafood at the Salty Snapper in Valdosta this eve.
And I talked to two friends that went today. One went to Steinhatchee and the other to St Marks. Both got 8-9 gallons of scallops.

SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Tell me more about the Salty Snapper in Valdosta. We've not eaten there.

Thanks for the report and hope your trailer soon comes in. We'll be down at Keaton several days this week.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

SS-342 wrote:Tell me more about the Salty Snapper in Valdosta. We've not eaten there.

Thanks for the report and hope your trailer soon comes in. We'll be down at Keaton several days this week.
. I can count on one hand the seafood restaurants I feel like the food was worth the price. This is one of them. The shrimp and grits is o so good. The fried food was perfectly cooked and the sides were excellent as well. Definitely recommend it and will be going back again.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

It also was very clean and had great service.

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I couldn't get my crew going early. We got to the fort about 11:30 am. Never seen it that crowded. The usual landing circus.

Four of us managed to get a little over 2 gallons in about 4 hours. I think where we looked had been gone over that morning maybe.

Many boats around the rock area, how can the population hold up the whole season?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:
SS-342 wrote:Tell me more about the Salty Snapper in Valdosta. We've not eaten there.

. I can count on one hand the seafood restaurants I feel like the food was worth the price. This is one of them. The shrimp and grits is o so good. The fried food was perfectly cooked and the sides were excellent as well. Definitely recommend it and will be going back again.

Its in the old Muldoon's building and it is owned and run by two very good local chefs. They have three retuarants now, this one, Friends and the Woodstack BBQ tavern. I've eaten at the Snapper several times and never gotten a bad meal. They have old fashion recipes and then some of the new south recipes.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Dixie Dawg

Post by Dixie Dawg »

Econfina about a mile and a half out the mouth at 11 o clock. Limits both days and not crowded. I'm done for a couple of weeks tired of cleaning so I don't care if there is extra traffic from this post. Your welcome.