St. Marks 7/3

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BeeeReady

St. Marks 7/3

Post by BeeeReady »

Hit the water at about 8am from the lighthouse on a very low tide. Bait was not as plentiful as we would have liked, but we picked up a few finger mullet and some small sand perch and a few mud minnows.. it was too shallow to get into any Creeks right away so we drifted the flats from 4 foot all the way out to 10 foot. We tried corks mud minnows under them and got a few takers which were Spanish mackerel and sharks about a foot long. Most of the action came in 6 to 8 feet of water maybe 30 trout with only two keepers at 15 and a half inches and 21 inches. We did see three Cobia swimming together but didn't have time to get anything pitched at them. Around 11:30 we headed into the Creeks to see if we could find some redfish..it was agood high tide so we thought we would see them everywhere.. unfortunately I think they saw us before we saw them because the bite was very slow I think the water temperature was a bit too high about 2:30 we drifted out of the creek and picked up to flounder when it 15 inches 1 at 14 and a half inches.. broke my skeg on the previous trip and JB welded it back into place and it performed well. We headed back to the ramp and loaded up by 3 o'clock.. total count for the day was about 30 trout with two keepers at 15 snd 21 inches.Spanish mackerel 17 inches, 2 flounder 15 and 14.., a few ladyfish. It was a tough day of fishing but a fun day overall.
Backcountry 189 Pro Guide
Suzuki Df140
Semper Fi
Ttt

Re: St. Marks 7/3

Post by Ttt »

Check your mail. Thanks for the report
Ttt

Re: St. Marks 7/3

Post by Ttt »

BeeeReady wrote:Hit the water at about 8am from the lighthouse on a very low tide. Bait was not as plentiful as we would have liked, but we picked up a few finger mullet and some small sand perch and a few mud minnows.. it was too shallow to get into any Creeks right away so we drifted the flats from 4 foot all the way out to 10 foot. We tried corks mud minnows under them and got a few takers which were Spanish mackerel and sharks about a foot long. Most of the action came in 6 to 8 feet of water maybe 30 trout with only two keepers at 15 and a half inches and 21 inches. We did see three Cobia swimming together but didn't have time to get anything pitched at them. Around 11:30 we headed into the Creeks to see if we could find some redfish..it was agood high tide so we thought we would see them everywhere.. unfortunately I think they saw us before we saw them because the bite was very slow I think the water temperature was a bit too high about 2:30 we drifted out of the creek and picked up to flounder when it 15 inches 1 at 14 and a half inches.. broke my skeg on the previous trip and JB welded it back into place and it performed well. We headed back to the ramp and loaded up by 3 o'clock.. total count for the day was about 30 trout with two keepers at 15 snd 21 inches.Spanish mackerel 17 inches, 2 flounder 15 and 14.., a few ladyfish. It was a tough day of fishing but a fun day overall.
u got mail