Take a boat they said

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Take a boat they said

Post by trout fisher »

:lol:

Stopped at Wataburger in T'ville to get a bite and do a tire/bearing check. Everything good. Made it just south of Flowers Baking corporate office and Bam!!

My wife called and told me about the terrible accident at St. Marks and said she was being detoured. So at Wacissa I headed straight and made it a mile or two and Bam!!

Left the boat in someone's yard and headed to Tally to WalMart. Bought two new tires and wheels. Got back and put new tire on. Almost to Crawfordville. Yep. Bam!!

Oh well. Once I got the boat there, we had fun with it.
zload
Site Sponsor

Re: Take a boat they said

Post by zload »

2 dry rotted tires and an overloaded tire?

My boat trailer tire changing skills and tool box got a good workout a couple of years ago I finally upgraded to a heaver load range tire (went from C to D) and no more problems, my dry boat was right at the limit with Load Range C tires, add fuel, full coolers, tackle etc. and it went over by a pretty good margin. Chinese tires (which is pretty much all trailer tires now days) don't last long... especially in 100+ weather.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I have two pontoon trailer tires on the rim you can have in Tifton.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

zload wrote:2 dry rotted tires and an overloaded tire?

My boat trailer tire changing skills and tool box got a good workout a couple of years ago I finally upgraded to a heaver load range tire (went from C to D) and no more problems, my dry boat was right at the limit with Load Range C tires, add fuel, full coolers, tackle etc. and it went over by a pretty good margin. Chinese tires (which is pretty much all trailer tires now days) don't last long... especially in 100+ weather.
Yes, dry rotted and overloaded. I bought what they had. Bought a bigger tire in Crawfordville and almost lost it Thursday on the way back to St. Joe from the Cape. It has a knot the size of a golf ball on the side wall. Made a trip to PC to Pep Boys Friday and bought 2 new tires and wheels but I'm afraid they are not heavy duty enough. It's back under the shelter at Icky which is where it stays most of the time.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:I have two pontoon trailer tires on the rim you can have in Tifton.
Thak you. I will make arrangements to meet up with you.
lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Post by lonesouth »

I need new fenders due to trailer tires losing the tread. Going to LTs and not looking back.
850-273-8818
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:lol: I'm sorry, I know it's not funny, but the way you told the story was priceless! That sounds like some of my luck, sorry for your trouble. So far, I've only had one blowout, knock on wood. They sure can mess up a day of fishing. :roll:
Yours in the South
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I believe what I said was you had to pick between taking a boat or taking more natty light. Based on the overload on those tires, I don't think you made a choice, I think you took both! :o :smt005

I feel your pain bro! It is tough being a part time boater and keeping everything running without emptying the pocketbook!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
bman

Post by bman »

That does not sound fun but glad no one was hurt and that you made it there and back...
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
JCC

Post by JCC »

Ugh! In all fairness, I believe the question was about taking a boat. You didn't ask about taking a dry rotted trailer. :wink:
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

JCC wrote:Ugh! In all fairness, I believe the question was about taking a boat. You didn't ask about taking a dry rotted trailer. :wink:
Ouch, that is gonna leave a mark! :o :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

:thumbup: