SHOOTING NEW 9MM

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FUTCHCAIRO

SHOOTING NEW 9MM

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WENT DOWN TO SOUTH GEORGIA OUTDOORS YESTERDAY AND GOT A GREAT BARGAN ON THE GUN SALE HEATH WAS HAVING, MUST HAVE BEEN 50-60 CUSTOMERS THERE WHEN I GOT THERE AT 8 A.M. SAT 10 PEPSI CANS ON A STUMP WHERE WE JUST CUT TIMBER, DOWN NEXT TO THE CREEK, I HIT 5 OUT OF THE TEN. I HAD A TIME PUTTING THE SHELLS IN THE CLIP, COULD NOT SEEM TO PUT IN MORE THAN 5 SHELLS DUE TO THE INCREASED PRESSURE OF THE SPRING IN THE CLIP. WENT BACK DOWN TO HEATHS THIS MORNING AND TOLD HIM ABOUT THE TROUBLE LOADING THE CLIPS, HE HANDED ME A LITTLE PLASTIC THING HE CALLED , ASSISTANT SHELL LOADER, NOW I CAN LOAD WITHOUT ANY TROUBLE, THANKS HEATH FOR THE SHELL LOADER. I CAN NOW USE THE GUN.
I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE FINAL TOTAL NUMBER OF CUSTOMERS HEATH HAD, I BET IT IS THE BIGGEST SALE HE HAS HAD SINCE HE OPENED THE (SOUTH GEORGIA OUTDOORS) HERE IN CAIRO.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
countrycorners

Re: SHOOTING NEW 9MM

Post by countrycorners »

I figured you'd be a .38 special guy!
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

C.C., I ALREADY HAVE SEVERAL .38 SPEC., .44 MAG., 9 MM PISTOL, 45 MILITARY , A GIFT FROM SURPLUS SALE AT NAVAL AIR JAX, .25 AUTO POCKET GUN, .22 TARGET PISTOL, AND 32 SNUB NOSE PISTOL,AND NOW A 9MM AUTO LOAD. I HAVE TO BE REALLY CAREFUL WITH THE AMMO ON ALL OF THESE GUNS. HAVE THEM BLOCKED OFF IN THE AMMO BOX AND PLAINLY LABELED. YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED ON HOW I GOT SO MANY GUNS. WHILE OUT ON THE ROAD, SOME POOR TRUCK DRIVER WOULD RUN OUT OF MONEY FOR FUEL, I WOULD LEND THEM ENOUGH MONEY TO GET ENOUGH FUEL TO GET HOME AND THEY WOULD GIVE ME A GUN AS SECURITY TILL THEY WOULD COME BACK BY MY TERMINAL TO PAY ME BACK , MOST NEVER CAME BACK TO CLAIM THEIR GUNS.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
camperkilgore

Post by camperkilgore »

What kind of 9mm? I have been debating on which carry gun to get, since I just got my ccw permit again after being expired for years, and I've been researching 9mm pistols.
I've about decided on the M&P shield, but the lighter weight brands have tempted me.
Tom
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

camperkilgore wrote:What kind of 9mm? I have been debating on which carry gun to get, since I just got my ccw permit again after being expired for years, and I've been researching 9mm pistols.
I've about decided on the M&P shield, but the lighter weight brands have tempted me.
Tom
Take a look at the glock 43. I have the 42(.380) and love it
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Walther PPQ :D :thumbup:
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
camperkilgore

Post by camperkilgore »

Thanks,
Was considering the Glock 43 as well as the 42 for my wife, because they both get good reviews, and the Walther pistols are tempting. I have owned a PPK in the past. Was also considering the PPS, because it's so similar to the M&P Shield but nicer. It's a little heavier though. I'll take a look at the PPQ.
Tom
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Come on PA, we all know you bought that 9mm as a plinker. Old Marine like you wants to feel a 45 1911 in his hand and feel the joy when the powder explodes sends that big fat chunk of lead down target.

I buy nearly all of my guns from Heath. Just wish he had a store here in V-town.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Redbelly wrote:Walther PPQ :D :thumbup:
Shaken, not stirred! :-D
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

I bought a Ruger LC9 a few months ago. Single stack, easy to carry. I like it. Worth a look
camperkilgore

Post by camperkilgore »

guthooked wrote:I bought a Ruger LC9 a few months ago. Single stack, easy to carry. I like it. Worth a look
Is it the LC9S, or the older LC9 with a hammer?
Tom
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I thought the LC 9 was the answer to my pocket auto question. Then I shot one
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

I got my Springfield XDS from Southern Outdoors and have not been disappointed. I added a laser as I'm only interested in close shots.
KFC Hillary Special.tiff
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.