Lanark report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

luckywsp

Lanark report

Post by luckywsp »

Fished the past three days at Lanark out of my kayak and off the dock. Fished the first hour of light and the last two hours of light each day. Spent the rest of my time with my year and a half old twin boys. Fished using gulp and had the most luck with white gulp with fluorescent yellow tails. Interestingly my new penny didn't produce that well. Last two hours of the incoming tides produced best as well. Caught reds every time I went out along with some short trout and lizard fish. Mostly lower slot reds in about 2 to 3 feet of water. Threw out some cut bait from a pin fish I caught and put my wife on our best red which made her happy. My boys liked the splash of the lure as much as the fish they saw. They did love the reds pan seared.

Nothing like a sunrise on the water
Lucky
Can'tCatchAnything

Re: Lanark report

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

I've always had the most success throwing obnoxious green and orange and pink colors over the new penny gulps myself.