Keaton beach 10/15/16. Report.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Keaton beach 10/15/16. Report.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Looking at the 15-20knot wind forecast this morning. Lavon and I almost stayed home. But after thinking about it we went anyway. We got down there and the weather was great. Image. The ramp is back to normal. Image. But no repairs have been done to the pier. Well before fishing today we consulted with the best fisherman we know(Breambuster) and decided to implement his techniques. Wasn't long before we started catching trout. Image. Image. The action was sporadic. We would catch two or three then nothing for a while. Image. We ended up with our limit by 1:00 and caught more keepers that we threw back and quite a few shorts. But no trash fish at all. So we headed on in to get home and clean them and the boat. Image. Image. What's left of the pier and the marina. Got to the ramp and got in line then when I get to the front this guy decides to work on his boat on the ramp lol. Image. Great day on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton beach 10/15/16. Report.

Post by DixieReb »

Sure looks strange seeing the pier torn up and those huge rocks pushed away from the wall. That was some tidal surge. Good looking trout, can't wait to go myself.
Yours in the South
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

DixieReb wrote:Sure looks strange seeing the pier torn up and those huge rocks pushed away from the wall. That was some tidal surge. Good looking trout, can't wait to go myself.
. They are biting. Get on out there and get you some.

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Glad y'all went despite the weather report. Nice catch!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

trout fisher wrote:Glad y'all went despite the weather report. Nice catch!
. We were surprised by all the boats out. And it was never rough the whole time.

FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

That's a great day! My son and I went Sunday out of St. Marks and managed 2 keeper trout and couple rock bass. caught lots of shorts. Used various gulps and fished 3-7 feet of water. never could dial in on them. Wind was howling, but seas not too bad. Send us a picture of that big old buck you got tied up to a tree next week!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

FTReelty wrote:That's a great day! My son and I went Sunday out of St. Marks and managed 2 keeper trout and couple rock bass. caught lots of shorts. Used various gulps and fished 3-7 feet of water. never could dial in on them. Wind was howling, but seas not too bad. Send us a picture of that big old buck you got tied up to a tree next week!
. At least you got dinner and caught fish. If he shows up will do.

Teachers Pet

Post by Teachers Pet »

Great report!!!!
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Awesome, nice mess of fish

Hit-n-Miss