Thursday Morning 11-3

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Thursday Morning 11-3

Post by Blue spinner »

Morning all
what a long night ,but the cubs came to play
as For David Ross retirement what a way to go out
we are all so proud of all he has done
My Brother has been up there for the Month to see it all
now it time to do some fishing
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
countrycorners

Re: Thursday Morning 11-3

Post by countrycorners »

Good Morning!
Way to go Cubs, great series!
reelsorry2
Site Sponsor

Post by reelsorry2 »

THE CUBS WORLD CHAMPS. BEST SERIES I HAVE EVERY WATCHED . CONTRATS TO DAVID ON RETIREMENT. BLUE SPINNER TAKE DAVID FISHING AND CATCHEM UP.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Blue spinner wrote:as For David Ross retirement what a way to go out
we are all so proud of all he has done
Blue Spinner, painfully TRUE story too funny not to tell that you can share with David for a laugh if ever the time seems right.

So at this year's Donuts-for-Dads school event I take my daughter out to the playground and Cole is sitting completely still in one of the swings looking like someone shot his puppy. He's truly at the point of tearing up and I'm wondering if he's actually fallen / hurt.

I ask him, "Cole, are you alright?" His answer, "No! My dad's not here! And he wasn't here the year before THAT, and he wasn't here the YEAR BEFORE THAT, AND HE WASN'T HERE THE YEAR BEFORE THAT!!!"

I then tell him, "Cole, I GUARANTEE YOU he wants to be but he has no choice but to do his job! I was in the Marine Corps once and it was the same way. I didn't get to be with family for Thanksgiving or EVEN CHRISTMAS! But I sure wanted to be home!" I then told him I could nearly guarantee once done with baseball David would be certain to be at Donuts-for-Dads. That seemed to cheer him up and he let me push him on the swing and was laughing and playing with the other kids when I left.

Fast forward to recent interviews with David where he was joking he might play if given any exceptional qualifying offers. Not knowing if he was joking a bit or not, I debated how I might share news of Cole's desires to have him back home...

UNTIL...

I see end-of-season and post-season celebrations with Cole GLEEFULLY sharing the limelight few of us will EVER have in our lifetimes, and I thought to myself, "You know what, I think David can make the decision regarding his retirement just fine without my .02." ;-) :lol: :smt005
Attachments
David & Cole.jpg
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

thanks BBG i will pass that on to him
but on the other hand his dad and I are wondering what he is going to do in February
he has going to spring training for the pass 20yr.
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning