Apalach east bay help

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rbmcrae

Apalach east bay help

Post by Rbmcrae »

Just wondering how many people fish east bay on the north side of the bridge? I have now had luck on 3 consecutive trips over behind St. George and St Vincent but have never fished East Bay Area. With winter north winds more common I figured it may be a good shelter from chop and could possibly produce some fish in creek mouths and holes. Could anyone give me any advice on this area? Places to try? Places to avoid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbb

Re: Apalach east bay help

Post by bbb »

From another post.

Rbmcrae

Post by Rbmcrae »

bbb wrote:From another post.

Those are my thoughts but having not been there where are these oyster bars he mentions and when he says stay behind the island which island? Coming out of apalach once u turn around corner all I've seen is super shallow pluff mud so I never tried to go further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbb

Post by bbb »

Not sure about the bars myself. Probably some smaller bars at the mouth of those creeks. I don't think the bars get exposed like they do around St Marks and Panacea.
dogdayz

Post by dogdayz »

East Bay is where to be in the colder months but the area is treacherous to maneuver around. Winter tide will be setting in and you can run aground in areas you will not think you will. Best way for people who do not know where the bad areas are is to enter from the south under the bridge from Eastpoint to Apalachicola. Be aware that the areas just to the east and west of the mouths of the creeks are much shallower than the channels to them. If you look at the Little St Mark river just south of the opening is very shallow as well. Best way to get into the river systems is to head up the Apalachicola river to the Four Tree cut off and run down the rivers to the mouths. Much longer but much safer.