IDIOT DRIVERS

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FUTCHCAIRO

IDIOT DRIVERS

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

MUST HAVE HAD A BAD WRECK OUT ON THOMASVILLE ROAD, ABOUT A DOZEN EMERGENCY VEHICLES JUST WENT OUT THAT WAY. THOSE PEOPLE SEND MORE EQUIPMENT TO A SCRATCHED FENDER THAN WOULD EVER BE NEEDED, I KNOW THEY MUST BE AVAILABLE WHEN NEEDED BUT SEEMS LIKE WHO EVER CALLS IN THE ACCIDENT WOULD KNOW IF THEY NEEDED 3 FIRE TRUCKS, TWO DEP. SHERIF;S , ONE STATE PATROL, 2 RESCUE VEHICLES, 10-15 PICK-UP TRUCKS WITH ALL KIND OF LIGHTS FLASHING ALL OVER THE PLACE. I HATE TO SEE THAT BUNCH HEADED TOWARD ME OUT ON THE HIGHWAY, I AM SURE THAT THEY WOULD NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO IF A STEERING AXLE TIRE BLEW OUT WITH THEM RUNNING ABOUT 90 MPH. A COMPLETE WASTE OF RESOURCES IN MY OPINION.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
homboyfsu

Re: IDIOT DRIVERS

Post by homboyfsu »

I live across from Stones and I hear the this ALL the time. I wonder does this town require that much EMERGENCY Service? I could see Atlanta or Tallahassee needing this type of service but not Cairo. I wonder if it's about the money?
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY HOMEBOY, I KNOW IT IS ABOUT THE MONEY, THE MORE GRANTS THEY CAN GET THE BETTER ACCORDING TO THAT BUNCH, THE GRANTS ARE FREE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPE, WE THE PEOPLE ARE THE ONES PAYING THE TAXES THAT FUND THE GRANTS. I KNOW THE CHIEF OF FIRE DEPT. NEEDS A $49,000.00 PICK-UP TO RIDE AROUND IN, HE COULD GET BY WITH A FORD ESCAPE INSTEAD, THEY GO JUST AS FAST AS A PICK-UP AND COST 1/2 AS MUCH TO BUY AND RUN.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

I hate to say it but the truth is the truth and the facts are not in dispute: the degree of response in non-critical situations is directly related to the profile of those involved. Touchy subject I know but the facts speak for themselves. Someone like PA and I total each other out and we're dragging limbs and hopefully sharing a meat wagon. Throw in one of the "entitlement generation" in a fender bender and bring out everything they've got with wheels and often flying also. Just saying.... :smt011
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Insurance companies pay for the response, so when the call comes, suddenly a cost center becomes an income center and off they go.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Just so this thread can include some positive notes...

On the way to the airport two weeks ago at 5:30am, my car was totalled when a sleepy driver blew through a red light and bounced me into a fire hydrant. One of those "life passes before your eyes" moments. We called TPD ASAP. 20 minutes later, a bored cop showed up. What's the positives?...

1. Nobody got killed.
2. The other driver passed on "lawyering up" and immediately asserted it was all her fault and kept asking if I was okay.
3. My amazing wife got there in 16 minutes (before the police) to ferry me to the airport in time for my flight.
4. The offender's car insurance (Florida Farm Bureau) contacted me within 2 days, and promptly wrote me a no questions asked "total loss" check for $9400. I had paid $8300 for my car.

After hearing so many horror stories about how car crashes spiral into FUBAR outcomes, I have at least one reason to express thanks at the dinner table next Thursday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY GARY, GLAD YOU WERE NOT HURT TOO BADLY, WAIT BEF0RE YA SIGN ANY PAPERS, I HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE 20 YRS AGO AND THOUGHT EVERYTHING WAS ALRIGHT, ONLY TO FIND OUT I HAD SOME DAMAGE THAT DID NOT SHOW UP FOR ALMOST 4 MONTHS AFTER THE ACCIDENT. HOPE YOUR EXPERIENCE IS DIFFERENT FROM MINE, I AM STILL HAVING PROBLEMS FROM THE ACCIDENT I HAD 20 YRS. AGO.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO