Looking For A Truck

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Looking For A Truck

Post by Scoop Sea »

After 11 years of driving my 05 Z-71 I figure it's time to start looking for a new(er) truck. If anyone knows of someone selling a good truck (prefer 2012 or newer) that is a Crew Cab and has 4-wheel drive would you shoot me the info? Or if someone knows "the absolutely best" dealer to work with I'm not against buying a new truck too. There's no real rush on my end, but I figure it's time to start looking. Please shoot me an email with the details at fcrussell92@gmail.com or feel free to post here or send a PM.

In advance, thanks.

Chris
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Looking For A Truck

Post by silverking »

I've bought my last two trucks and my wife's SUV from Tallahassee Ford. Easy to deal with and fair trade-in values. Not sure if you want to stay with Chevy or switch over to the superior Ford brand or not. :wink:

Regardless, 2016 close-out models are on sale and you might be able to do even better if you can get a member discount through Costco or similar purchase programs.

Hope this helps.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/car ... /95581420/
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Thanks for the tip SK. I'm good with switching over to Ford. It's hard for me to complain about Chevy when my Z-71 has 164,000 miles and never had a real issue (A/C repair a couple of years ago). I will check out the Ford Dealer and see what's possible.

silverking wrote:I've bought my last two trucks and my wife's SUV from Tallahassee Ford. Easy to deal with and fair trade-in values. Not sure if you want to stay with Chevy or switch over to the superior Ford brand or not. :wink:

Regardless, 2016 close-out models are on sale and you might be able to do even better if you can get a member discount through Costco or similar purchase programs.

Hope this helps.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/car ... /95581420/
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Just turned over 114,000 on the '08 and haven't done anything to it other than change oil, filters and put a new set of tires on it. Sold the previous one to my buddy for his son and last we knew it had around the same mileage as your Z71 and was going strong when it was sold again. Ben still regrets that decision sometimes.

When my buddy and his wife borrowed it from Ben one day for a trip to the coast, his wife asked if the AC worked. Buddy laughed and said it was brand new, since I never ran the thing. I'm a wind-in-my-face, bugs-in-my-teeth guy. :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Post by lonesouth »

A buddy just got a new tundra crew max from legacy toyota for lower payments than another dealer wanted for a 3 year old truck with 90k miles. may be worth looking into. We've bought about 5 vehicles from them and always worked with Ralph Moss, now at Thomasville Toyota. I've also had good service at Thomasville Toyota, beat legacy on a timing belt by a couple hundred dollars. Both are top notch, and you get free doughnuts if you need to stop in.
850-273-8818