The boat show. . .

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mpa_72001

Re: The boat show. . .

Post by mpa_72001 »

Had the 18 with a 70 run about 38 I imagine yourself flies with that 115 .that's same motor I have and it runs about 45.
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

By myself and gear I can get to 50
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

I've read a few articles that because these boats are priced so high, people are getting a 20 year loan for them and then filing an insurance claim after 5-6 years and buying a new one causing insurance to be higher than normal as well? any FL residents seeing this effect?
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

Filing an insurance claim for what?
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

I'm assuming to receive insurance money for the balance of the loan and then repeating step 1 and 2. which is driving insurance rates up.. don't quote me on this lol that's why I was asking. can't believe everything you read on the internet so was curious.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Salty Gator wrote:SK? Is that 1.5k per foot unpowered? I wasn't even thinking about that earlier

Depends on the builder and model. Some of the entry-level builders would come in at the lower $1.5K mark with power while others are going to be double and triple that or more. And as you discovered, the pre-owned market for quality builds is strong.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
bbb

Post by bbb »

Ever watch the news during a hurricane and wonder why that $300,000 boat is still tied up to the dock?

Or why someone left their car in an area that was for sure going to flood during a storm?