FINE PER FISH OVER THE LIMIT

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: FINE PER FISH OVER THE LIMIT

Post by MudDucker »

flatsbroke22 wrote:In the event of a multiple days catch. All you have to do is clean the previous days catch and your good to go. Clean fish are considered food and will not go under fish possession. That is if your transporting fish in a vehicle not on a boat. It is only legal to transport one mans two day limit per person(fish in whole). Anything over is over possession and could face fine.
Actually, the wardens only agree with this if the cleaned fish are not in your boat, otherwise, they count them against that day's limit.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Can't think of any exceptions to the rule where fish must be landed in whole condition for ID and measurement purposes. In other words, no filleting on board.
Last edited by silverking on March 28th, 2017, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

Practice catch and release and then don't have to worry... just saying :-D
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

MudDucker wrote:
flatsbroke22 wrote:In the event of a multiple days catch. All you have to do is clean the previous days catch and your good to go. Clean fish are considered food and will not go under fish possession. That is if your transporting fish in a vehicle not on a boat. It is only legal to transport one mans two day limit per person(fish in whole). Anything over is over possession and could face fine.
Actually, the wardens only agree with this if the cleaned fish are not in your boat, otherwise, they count them against that day's limit.

Do you not read...."That is if your transporting fish in a vehicle not on a boat"
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

YOLO
shirts.png
shirts.png (274.72 KiB) Viewed 3685 times
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

eightwt wrote:Practice catch and release and then don't have to worry... just saying :-D

I doubt anyone with double their daily bag limit practices c&r
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

flatsbroke22 wrote:
MudDucker wrote:

Do you not read...."That is if your transporting fish in a vehicle not on a boat"
Little hard there ain't you ?
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Naw but if your going to "quote" me at least do me the courtesy and read it first.
Dixie Dawg

Post by Dixie Dawg »

Sometimes I camp and don't really have anywhere to comfortably clean fish that would be the only situation where the possession rule could give me issues.

One time I went back to back days forgot to take to cooler from the first day out of the truck, so I remembered on the way down pulled over on the side of the road and hid the cooler in the woods until we came back through.

As far as catch and release goes, I release plenty with the redfish bag limit only being one...
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

flatsbroke22 wrote:Naw but if your going to "quote" me at least do me the courtesy and read it first.
Well EXCUSE ME!
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Sorry but its been happening a lot to me lately.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

flatsbroke22 wrote:Sorry but its been happening a lot to me lately.

It was not intentional. I have had friends busted for having filet fish on board, so I was just trying to make sure that was understood.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

GaryDroze wrote:That two-day possession scenario can definitely sneak up on an angler who has not thought ahead. I remember fishing in the Rock The Dock (two-day) tournament a few years back - when the daily red limit was still 2 per person - and getting really worried all of a sudden while driving towards second day weigh-in.

I had two reds from that day in one cooler on the front seat...but forgot to take a cooler out of the back of my station wagon that still held one red from the previous day's fishing. Figuring that with my luck I'd get busted by FWC at a weigh-in checkpoint, I immediately pulled over and offered one red to a roadside cane-poler at the St Marks Refuge. She mistook my paranoia for generosity.
Was she hot atleast