St. Marks this weekend

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

coach

St. Marks this weekend

Post by coach »

How have the trout been at St Marks lately? Coming down this weekend to try again. Have they been biting anything special?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks this weekend

Post by silverking »

Redtrout Shootout and Seatrout Challenge both on tap this coming Saturday. Don't expect too many replies...
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Good luck if you go, the trout didn't bite so good at Aucilla last Thursday. Water was stained around river mouth, the few bites we got we had to move out to clearer water in 5 ft. Anything with chartreuse has been working for them. Hope it's not too windy this weekend.
Yours in the South
Rbmcrae

Post by Rbmcrae »

Been to both steinhatchee and Apalah bay and I agree with dixiereb anything with chartreuse. I also have been having luck with the nuclear chicken gulps in the more murky waters near river mouths. All I can say is SLOWWWWWWW getting most bites when fishing it almost so slow you forget ur even fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
geofish

Post by geofish »

Caught a good size trout not too far east of the lighthouse on a small spinner bait with a white bass assassin swimbait this weekend, but with that wind my drift was definitely not slow. Smaller trout on natural color z-man shrimp. Hope we have a calm weekend one of these days before we're too deep into summer. . . .
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

The wind was unreal the last 2 times I fished. Not easy for drift fishing or running a boat.
Yours in the South
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

DixieReb wrote:The wind was unreal the last 2 times I fished. Not easy for drift fishing or running a boat.
It's been terrible all spring. Until the last week or so. I had almost forgot what it was like to fish a nice slow drift.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Drift socks are the ticket for windy days. If I'm drifting more than 1 mile an hour. I throw it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

I know, H&M. I lost my drift sock out there, it came untied somehow. :x Had to buy a new one at Academy on Sat.
Yours in the South
geofish

Post by geofish »

good advice about the sock. Think I'll pick one up before my next adventure.
wacissaguy

Post by wacissaguy »

Went out with the wife on mon.-as above very slow until about an hour before dead low-caught 1-21 inch trout about eleventy twelven small ones and some very tiny bsb,ladtfish,jacks(small schools)and one squirrel fish.
coach

Post by coach »

Went out Saturday and put some in the boat right away. Fished west of the lighthouse at the buoy line. Caught 4 keepers right away on new penny gulp. Caught another on a pearl. Moved to the stake line and had no luck. Caught 2 more keepers in front of the lighthouse. One on a vudu shrimp that was clear and chartreuse and one on a new penny. East of the lighthouse caught several more keepers, mainly on live shrimp. We caught a number of shorts and cats and had a pretty good day overall. Didn't fish Sunday since the weather was iffy and we had a 4 hour drive ahead of us