Thanks Big Bend Marine

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Phil. 4:8

Thanks Big Bend Marine

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Sometimes stuff happens. On our way to the flats on Friday and the 16 years old trailer is coming apart and all the seams, stringers and springs. I'm down at Panacea and Mike's Marine doesn't have a trailer to fit our Carolina Skiff, so we head off to Perry. A call to Dale, and the trailer we need is unloaded from the stack and sitting in the lot waiting for us. It took us an hour to get there and only about 30 minutes to swap out the old for the new and we're headed back fishing. The folks at Big Bend summed it up, "you got all the good out of this trailer." So, instead of Panacea we stop at the St. Mark Refuge and launch at the lighthouse. It was a non-low tide with plenty of water to try the creeks and bays for reds; one just short red and not another bite it the back water. Did the drift in more than enough wind (it was actually breezy) and caught a few short trout, a short flounder and 2 nice keepers. Bait is everywhere and the water was fairly clear about 80 degrees. So, not counting all the many, many fish we have caught out of that skiff and the tons of fun, those 2 keeper trout averaged about $500 each on this trailer replacement trip.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Thanks Big Bend Marine

Post by DixieReb »

Ouch! :( Glad you're OK and still got to catch some fish. Like they say, a boat is a hole in the water you throw money into! :wink:
Yours in the South
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

BOAT. Break out another thousand :lol: . Dale and the Morgan family at big bend Mari are great peoples. The only people that touch my boat.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Phil. 4:8

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

They are great folks and that's where I got the rig originally. So, I guess we took the trailer home to rest, but it sure had a great life.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Got my new trailer there. Had an led light go out. I went by(without my trailer) and they gave me a replacement. Good service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rob4auburn

Post by rob4auburn »

Ditto on the great folks at Big Bend Marine!
Little grasshopper

Post by Little grasshopper »

Saw a couple loads of trailers pulling in there last Friday when I came through there. They must have been getting ready. We kind of made a joke in the truck about "everyone is getting ready for scallop season ".