2017 Scallop Seminar

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

red_yakker
Site Sponsor

2017 Scallop Seminar

Post by red_yakker »

I like to post this here every year for new people to the area, travelers or anyone else who may be interested in attending.
We have plenty of good speakers lined up this year. Even if you've been before, I'm sure much of the information will be new.
2017seminar.jpg
Attachments
com_cntr.jpg
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Re: 2017 Scallop Seminar

Post by red_yakker »

Just an update.
The representatives from IFAS have offered to video & livestream the meeting through their Facebook page for people who can't attend in person. The video will also be available for playback later. I don't think they have published the scallop counts yet, but Dr. Geiger has said he plans to go over the abundance survey results from this year at the meeting.
The address to watch the video is www.facebook.com/ncbs.ifas.ufl.edu
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

That's a nice service for novice and regular scallop enthusiasts alike.

Will there be a session on boat ramp protocol and anger management too? :wink:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

silverking wrote: Will there be a session on boat ramp protocol and anger management too? :wink:
LOL, the FWC law enforcement may touch on that, but I'm not sure how much jurisdiction they have over rude behavior.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Did they release the counts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
relicshunter

Post by relicshunter »

they didn't give counts,and i was fairly disapointed in the meeting. i expected it to be for new scallopers,but there was very little usefull info at all. all the speaker ran long and no time for questions until the end. then everyone was ready to leave.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:Did they release the counts?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't remember the exact number, but 60 something, compared to 180 something last year.
He did say they found scallops at every station, just not in the concentrations they had last year.